Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Program Analyst work at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or higher in the Federal service that included: analyzing and evaluating program operations and recommending methods to improve program implementation; providing technical assistance to grantees on program operational procedures; and drafting program policy guidelines.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide technical guidance to grantees on operational and/or administrative grant procedures to ensure effective program management.
3. Compile program information to develop guidance material related to refugee placement and successful resettlement.
4. Liaison with other departments to coordinate activities relating to the issuance of grant awards.
5. Manage contracts by negotiating the resolution of conflicts within a contract.
6. Recommend implementation strategies to grantees.
7. Prepare analytical reports to summarize findings relating to program effectiveness.
8. Analyze data from program studies to recommend changes in administrative/operational program procedures and/or policies.
9. Interpret program evaluation data to identify possible program compliance issues.
10. Develop responses to State and/or Congressional inquiries regarding grant implementation procedures.
11. Develop reports to present data relating ongoing program operations.
12. Draft recommendations and corrective actions to improve program policy on implementation procedures.
13. Communicate with grantees to explain expectation of deliverables.
14. Conduct on-site reviews to evaluate grantee compliance with program rules.
15. Lead the development of technical agendas for conferences that provide grantees an opportunity to exchange information on techniques to make their programs more successful.
16. Participate in meetings that involve both public sector and private sector organizations to discuss the administrative management of child welfare programs.