Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
For each question in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or graduate education. Please select only one letter for each item.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of training, and experience as it relates to the work of the Training Specialist at the GS-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal Service that provided the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: teaching or instructing in an adult education program, secondary school, college, military installation, or industrial establishment; supervising or administering a training program; developing or reviewing training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluating of training results; working in the acquisition field that required training or instructing others on a regular basis.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Educate workforce on agency policies and procedures for implementing all legislative changes and best practices related to the Federal acquisition field.
3. Develop technical training specifications and identify systems uniquely suited to meet specific training needs dictated by technology being used and procured.
4. Use stand-up, computer-based, self-paced, distance or e-learning and customized individualized training methods to delivery acquisition training to throughout the agency.
5. Coordinate the operation of a comprehensive career development program designed to train, develop, and retain acquisition professionals.
6. Manage formal training courses and materials for a variety of technical training, topics, including the various types of commodities and services typically acquired by VA.
7. Oversee the selection and development of courseware used for the delivery of training.
8. Set precedents within the training environment which directly affect the future of VA's acquisition professionals and program offices they will support.
9. Develop and execute a value measurement strategy to assess program performance against desired outcomes.
10. Review various vendor supplied training curricula and instruction designs to ensure products will improve productivity and meet employee needs.
11. Collect data from customer surveys, training needs assessments, and training plans to assess training needs.
12. Set performance standards for the VAAA School education program to evaluate progress.
13. Establish and maintain relationship with officials in VA, various Federal agencies, professional associations, vendor representatives, educational instructors, and others to identify and meet training needs.
14. Provides leadership, advice and consultation in the area of acquisition training.
15. Speaks at conferences and professional groups on subjects related to the area of acquisition training.
16. Collaborates with others or works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)
17. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.