Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of the specific requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
DEFAULT SCALE: For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Maintain awareness of key economic, political, and social trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders' views; is aware of the organization's impact on the external environment.
4. Develop new insights into situations to design and implement innovative solutions.
5. Understand current operating environment and long range plans to determine how to best position the organization to achieve its goals.
6. Consider the organization's capabilities, mission, vision, values, and strategic goals when making decisions.
7. Act as a catalyst for organization change by influencing others to translate vision into action.
8. Inspire, motivate, and guides others toward goal accomplishment by fostering commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust.
9. Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships and support constructive resolution of conflicts.
10. Encourage and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with customer groups.
11. Provide an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the organization's goals.
12. Develop the leadership of others through coaching, mentoring, guiding, and rewarding employees.
13. Develop networks and build alliances by collaborating across boundaries to build strategic relationships and find common ground with a widening range of stakeholders.
14. Persuade others and build consensus through give and take, gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals, and facilitating solutions.
15. Demonstrate political savvy by identifying the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
16. Consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations, using tact, compassion, and respect.
17. Make clear and convincing presentations to individuals and groups, listening effectively, clarifying information as needed, and facilitating an open exchange of ideas.
18. Anticipates and meets the needs of internal and external customers.
19. Deliver high-quality products and services.
20. Build the organization by developing or improving products or services.
21. Make effective and timely decisions even when data are limited or decisions produce unpleasant consequences.
22. Perceive the impact and implication of decisions on the customers and the organization.
23. Understand and appropriately apply the principles, laws, regulations and policies related to administering immigration benefits and services.
24. Provide administrative and logistical support for enforcement activities related to the prevention of illegal entry of aliens into the United States.
25. Build and manage current and future workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs; using Merit Principles, ensure employees are appropriately selected, developed, utilized, appraised and rewarded; take corrective actions.
26. Integrate technology into the workplace to improve program effectiveness; understand the impact of technological change on the organization.
27. Understand the organization's financial processes, oversee procurement and contracting to achieve organizational goals, monitor expenditures, and use cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
28. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.