Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-13.
3. Are you a permanent Food and Drug Administration employee?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of project short and long-term program goals and objectives.
5. Analyze and review personnel, scientific and technical data while evaluating scientific and technical efficacy and accuracy.
6. Review personnel and technical data submitted with respect to accuracy and consistency.
7. Make a judgment on whether the supporting data or information provided is sufficient to complete guidelines or monitor operating procedures.
8. Perform administrative evaluations, which include evaluating and implementing managerial, administrative or regulatory actions or policies.
9. Participate in the review of cases/projects where a multi-disciplinary team is required.
10. Develop and manage programs and systems for tracking and evaluating the progress of goals and objectives of the team.
11. Provide administrative and technical assistance to various team members.
12. Identify, investigate and resolve urgent programmatic issues impacting the team and other staff members.
13. Write and evaluate guidelines, summaries or scientific policies to ensure consistency and adherence to Agency or company requirements.
14. Prepare replies stating concerns or findings based on a technical/scientific review of the information or data.
15. Write recommendation reports, information and/or research reports for use by others.
16. Collect and manage data to coordinate responses to appeals, petitions, applications or requests.
17. Make presentations to the medical and scientific experts, managers, outside organizations or those who serve as panel members on committees or other working groups.
18. Conduct discussions with industry scientists and/or management officials regarding project or program status.
19. Serve as a primary liaison or representative communicating with domestic and/or international groups or individuals, consumers, consumer groups or other government agencies.