Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 830415
LAND TITLES AND RECORDS MANAGER, GS-0301-12/13
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website:
The incumbent of this position is required, as an incidental duty, to operate a Government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties pursuant to the Bureau's established policies and procedures.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid Driver's License.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
6. From the list below, select the best response that best describes your qualifications for Land Titles and Records Office Manager, GS-12.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that includes work, but not limited to, examining title documents for accuracy and completeness; interpretation of survey data; curing title by preparation of administrative corrections and modifications; issuing title status reports; and Trust Asset and Accounting Management System (TAAMS) procedures; initiating personnel actions for hiring, terminating, promoting, and training subordinate staff; performance management including writing performance standards and rating and assessing subordinate staff. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
7. From the list below, select the best response that best describes your qualifications for Land Titles and Records Office Manager, GS-13.A. I have at least one year specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that includes work, but not limited to, human resource management, leadership, and performance management; responsibilities of program management and planning; responsibilities in planning and management budget formulation. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
8. Assign and approve work assignments, projects, and staff priorities.
9. Review completed work products that are consistent with objectives and acceptability of upper management.
10. Provide guidance to staff on work assignments.
11. Write Employee Performance Appraisals.
12. Advise and consult with employees as to their performance standards.
13. Give progress evaluations to employees and keep them individually informed of their on-going performance.
14. Identify employee conduct issues and take appropriate corrective action.
15. Interpret United States Code, Code of Federal Indian Regulations, real estate and probate law.
16. Interpret laws, statutes, regulations, and guidelines relating to land, titles and records.
17. Conduct research and analyze land laws related to Indian trust and restricted land.
18. Interpret difficult and unclear probate orders, last will and testaments, will codicils, and judgments.
19. Provide program direction on complex title records and documents.
20. Represent the Region in provide advice, technical assistance, guidance, and interpretation to Regional, Agency, and Tribal staff, individual landowners on LTRO policies, procedures, and land title matters.
21. Serve as a liaison between Agencies.
22. Respond orally and in writing to inquiries for information from the public and State and other Federal agencies.
23. Attend meetings in a representational capacity.
24. Formulate complex correspondence.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
25. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received