Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 830565
LEAD LEGAL INSTRUMENTS EXAMINER, GS-0963-9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Lead Legal Instruments Examiner. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
6. Determine what legal sources apply, define issues, and determine applicable principles of law in adjudicating cases.
7. Evaluate alternatives, document all necessary information based on legal decision of record, and prepare a title status report.
8. Stay abreast of changing policy procedure, court cases, and legislation, and Interior decisions that directly affect day-to-day work with titles.
9. Provide legal information and advice with reference to the application of established general legal principles, decision, and precedents to a variety of problems.
10. Analyze and examine difficult, complex, or controversial title cases.
11. Examine complex title documents for the acquisition and disposal of real property rights pertaining to trust, restricted, fee and reserved lands.
12. Ensure that title status reports are absolutely accurate.
13. Prepare legal notices of decisions to be given to affected individuals.
14. Coordinate the appropriate action to correct title problems or deficiencies discovered in examination of submitted records.
15. Establish workload schedules in cooperation with and in support of Supervisor; planning, distributing and balancing the workload of work group employees.
16. Maintain records of work accomplishments and time expended for work group and prepare technical and administrative production reports as required.
17. Review completed work for adequacy in content and conformance to standards and ensure that instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines have been met.
18. Provide technical advice and assistance on legal and real property matters involving heirship, ownership, land status, etc., to members of work group.
19. Give on-the-job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices.
20. Maintain a current knowledge and answer question of employees on procedures, policies and directives.
21. Make recommendations to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner for training, employee development, and performance.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
22. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.