Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Government Information Specialist work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included: providing guidance on information disclosure regulations and policies and procedures; analyzing program procedures for effectiveness; establishing and maintaining databases; and conducting legal and associated record searches to make information disclosure determinations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Monitor information disclosure requests from various sources (e.g. media, public interest organizations, general public).
3. Interpret information disclosure regulations to determine what information can be released to individuals outside an organization.
4. Evaluate information disclosure requests to determine which department should be tasked with gathering documentation to support response.
5. Analyze records to determine what information is exempt from being released to individuals outside an organization.
6. Prepare automated tracking reports to check on the status of information disclosure requests.
7. Analyze information disclosure program procedures to ensure they are legally compliant with regulations.
8. Coordinate the analysis of qualitative and/or quantitative data for statistical reports.
9. Create templates to ensure employee records comply with data collection privacy regulations.
10. Establish and maintain a database of active information disclosure cases.
11. Coordinate with other staff to ensure proper reporting of suspected or known breaches and/or compromises of information disclosure regulations.
12. Prepare guidance material on information disclosure regulations for management officials.
13. Develop correspondence to provide information on the status of an information disclosure request.
14. Provide written guidance on procedures for requesting information.
15. Present information on updates to information disclosure regulations.
16. Communicate with other departments to ensure consistency in implementation of information disclosure regulations.
17. Provide guidance to other departments on information disclosure policies and/or procedures.