Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the minimum qualification requirements for a Supervisory Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-15.
Knowledge of planning, developing and managing public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Participate in the coordination and development of evaluation plans and other evaluation activities with the Division to incorporate these into the overall program planning and evaluation process.
3. Establish budget plans and estimates for the Division to inform the director after budgets are
4. Coordinate participation and negotiation of all reimbursable, cooperative agreements
and contacts for the Division.
5. Evaluate the goals and objectives of the projects for compatibility with the Division's and
6. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates.
7. Set and adjust short-term and long-term Division and staff priorities and prepare schedules to meet division, center and agency mission objectives.
8. Direct and coordinate administrative and personnel management activities having program impact.
9. Evaluate the performance of subordinate team leaders and members.
10. Implement ways to reduce barriers to productivity, promote team building and improve business practices.
11. Represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
12. Respond to inquiries from staff, partners and the general public regarding public health issues and concerns.
13. Provide technical advice and assistance to national, state and local health agencies.
14. Present division and program activities at public meetings, interagency science forums, national or international meetings/conferences.
15. Review policy issuances and guidelines for application to program operations and ensures implementation and compliance within the Division.
16. Prepare written responses to inquiries, reports and proposals.
17. Prepare papers and reports for presentation to professional groups and for publication in professional journals.
18. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.