Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service that included interpreting and applying Human Resources (HR) staffing, recruitment, and placement policies and procedures to various HR activities; performing operational support activities related to internal and external recruitment; and performing consultation services to managers on various recruitment issues.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area. Check the appropriate button corresponding to that statement if applying online, or darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 if applying using OPM Form 1203-FX. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide managers, employees and job applicants with recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
3. Perform qualification determinations on applicants to determine the best qualified and to ensure conformity to applicable regulations.
4. Ensure personnel actions and processes conform to applicable laws and regulations.
5. Conduct job analyses in concert with agency HR staff and subject matter experts.
6. Utilize an automated staffing system to performing staffing activities.
7. Perform recruitment activities related to hard-to-fill positions.
8. Manage recruitment projects related to senior level positions and/or highly visible or sensitive positions.
9. Manage recruitment activities that involve jobs requiring unusual skill combinations.
10. Perform recruitment activities related to highly technical and scientific positions.
11. Advise managers on the full range of HR functions and assists management in fulfilling their HR management responsibilities.
12. Advise on the implication of proposed management decisions with respect to substantives as well as procedural HR matters.
13. Collaborate with selecting officials to ensure that selection regulations and procedures are followed.
14. Perform recruiting outreach efforts at job fairs and at meetings.
15. Provide guidance on pay setting issues to management and employees.
16. Review recruitment and placement actions and provide advice on difficult issues.
17. Provide solutions to problems pertaining to retention and motivation issues.
18. Recommend new and innovative ideas and suggestions to managers in order to resolve complex HR and management issues.
19. Review classification actions and provides guidance on issues.