Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy)
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The specialty code for this position is 001 Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy) position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience you possess that demonstrates how you satisfy the education requirements. You must include a copy of your college transcript(s) and /or professional certification. Failure to include the necessary supporting documents will result in an ineligible rating.A. I have completed a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy) work at the GS-15 grade level.
3. Selective Placement Factors are part of the minimum requirements for a position, and applicants who do not meet it are ineligible for further consideration. Select the one statement that describes how you satisfy the selective placement factor.A. I have at least six (6) months bankruptcy experience which exhibits my knowledge of bankruptcy regulations and procedures. Note: Education cannot be substituted for the six months bankruptcy experience requirement.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Apply professional accounting knowledge of bankruptcy laws and procedures to bankruptcy cases.
5. Provides a variety of related accounting and auditing services associated with bankruptcy matters.
6. Examine corporate structures, books and financial records to determine the feasibility of a business' continued operation.
7. Lead teams or individuals in conducting audits and investigations.
8. Analyze bankruptcy cases to determine adequacy and accuracy of financial documents submitted.
9. Review company's or individuals books and financial records to recommend appropriate action to higher echelons or others.
10. Assign work to subordinates based on difficulty of assignments and staff capabilities.
11. Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
12. Hears and resolves complaints and grievances from employees, subordinates or contractors.
13. Determine adequacy of disclosure statements and financial information provided by a client or debtor.
14. Make informed judgments about proposed reorganization or restructuring plans.
15. Review fee applications for accounting and financial services for reasonableness in relation to the services provided.
16. Reviews audits performed by Independent Public Accountants for thoroughness and adequacy
17. Verifies banking limits of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation are not exceeded, or are accommodated through alternative means
18. Prepares financial analyses and reports for presentation in court or other legal forum
19. Present in writing recommendations to higher echelons for appropriate legal actions.
20. Develop written policies and procedures relating to a major project and/or program
21. Provide technical advice and assistance to resolve problems referred by staff.
22. Interviews candidates for position in unit and makes tentative selections.
23. Serve as an expert witness for the organization.
24. Negotiate settlement of matters involving significant or controversial issues.
25. Present ideas to those having diverse viewpoints, goals, or objectives.
26. Coordinate with auditing teams and subject-matter specialists integrating major audits.