Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions.Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
1. I am a Citizen of the United States.A. Yes
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
3. Do you possess a full, valid and unrestricted independent license to independently practice Marriage and Family in a state?A. Yes
4. Do you hold a master's degree in marriage and family therapy from a program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) or have graduated from a nationally accredited program conferring a comparable mental health degree? Or a doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy from a COAMFTE approved program?A. Yes
5. Do you possess at least 1 year of post-master's degree experience in the field of health care marriage and family therapy work (VA or non-VA experience) and licensure in a state at the independent practice level OR a doctoral degree in marriage and family thereapy or comparable degree in mental health from an accredited training program?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Skill in the use of computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, maintaining accurate, timely and thorough clinical documentation, and tracking quality improvements.
7. Ability to provide orientation, training and consultation to new MFTs including clinical oversight of MFT graduate students, and/or provide supervision to pre-licensure MFTs.
8. Knowledge and undertanding of existing relevant statutes, case law, ethical codes, and regulations affecting professional practice of marriage and family therapy. This includes the ability to assist clients in making informed decisions relevant to treatment to include limits of confidentiality.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other professionals in collaboration throughout treatment regarding clinical, ethical and legal issues and concerns. This includes the ability to represent and educate others regarding the MFT perspective in interdisciplinary staff meetings while respecting the roles and responsibilities of other professionals working with the client.
10. Ability to provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individual groups, couples and families in a culturally competent manner that facilitates change through restructuring and reorganizing of the client system.
11. Knowledge of human development throughout the lifespan, interventions based on research and theory, family and system interaction, formal diagnostic criteria, risk assessment, evidence-based practice and assessment tools.,
12. Ability to independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members, and the knowledge to formulate, implement, and re-evaluate a treatment plan through continuous assessment identifying the patient's problems, strengths, readiness to change, external influences and current events surrounding the origins and maintenance of the presenting issue, and interactional patterns within the client system. This includes the utilization of testing measures where appropriate.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
13. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.