1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your eligibility for this position.A. I currently work for the Center for Veterinary Medicine within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), US Department of Health and Human Services with a career or career-conditional in the competitive service.
2. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for this position. You must select one response. Remember, if your answer is A or B below, you MUST provide a copy of your college transcript.A. I have a bachelor's or higher degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
3. Do you have least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service providing leadership in the areas of evaluating safety and effectiveness of new animal drugs; determining the adequacy of information submitted and the thoroughness of statistical analyses completed; and recommending scientific and statistical approaches to be used in establishing the safety and effectiveness of animal drugs?A. Yes, I have the experience that is described above.
INSTRUCTIONS: In this part, you will respond to questions about supervisory/leadership experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience.A- I have performed this task as a supervisor or director of a work unit/group/division.
4. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinate employees.
5. Set and adjust short-term priorities.
6. Assign work based on priorities, consideration of the difficulty and requirement of assignments, and capabilities of employees.
7. Identify ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work performed.
8. Develop performance goals standards.
9. Evaluate and coach work performance of subordinate employees.
10. Give advice or instruction to subordinate employees on work-related and administrative matters
11. Recommend appointment, promotion, and reassignment of employees.
12. Enforce minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands.
13. Identify developmental and training needs of subordinate employees.
14. Analyze and defend changes in goals, funding, staffing levels and organizational priorities.
15. Review and approve the substance of reports, correspondence, operational guidelines and other documents prepared by subordinate staff.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
16. Develop and apply mathematical methods and statistical techniques to the design, analysis, and dissemination of data regarding animal drugs.
17. Evaluate the safety and effectiveness of animal drugs.
18. Determine the adequacy of information submitted and the thoroughness of statistical analyses completed.
19. Resolve complex biomedical statistical problems.
20. Recommend scientific and statistical approaches to be used in establishing the safety and effectiveness of animal drugs.
21. Plan, coordinate and evaluate programs and activities such as chairing a committee or organizing a statistical seminar.
22. Coordinate with scientists and/or veterinarians in researching effective evaluation techniques, procedures, and methods for the development of guidelines.
23. Brief management on program and/or projects performance and progress.
24. Deliver presentations at professional meetings and/or sponsor meetings.
25. Provide management with input on strategic planning and budgets.
26. Certification of Information Accuracy: I have taken an opportunity to review my responses to ensure their accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.A. I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.