From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
1. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university? (SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)A. Yes
2. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?A. Yes (You will be required to provide documentation if you are considered for this vacancy; i.e. Birth Certificate or U.S. Passport.)
USPS OIG officials may not appoint any of their relatives or recommend them for appointment in the OIG. Any relative who is appointed in violation of this restriction cannot be paid. Thus it is necessary to have information about your relatives who are working for the USPS OIG. These include: mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, wife, husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepdaughter, stepson, stepsister, stepbrother, half-sister, and half-brother.
3. Does the USPS Office of Inspector General employ any relative of yours by blood or marriage?A. Yes (Provide information listed below.)
If you answer "Yes" to this question, provide the following information in the section provided for such relatives:
(1) Full name; (2) Present address and ZIP Code; (3) Relationship; (4) Position title; (5) Name and location of USPS OIG installation where employed.
From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the desirable qualifications of certification and experience for this position.
4. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or in a business related field that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting?(SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)A. Yes
5. Do you have a Professional Certification, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, etc.? (SUBMIT COPY)A. Yes
6. Do you have experience in performing audits? (YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW YOU GAINED THIS EXPERIENCE)A. Yes
7. Do you have experience or coursework in Information Systems Management or Information Systems Security? (YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW YOU GAINED THIS EXPERIENCE)A. Yes
KNOWLEDGE OF AUDITING STANDARDS, GENERALLY ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING PRINCIPLES; AUDITING CONCEPTS, METHODOLOGIES, PROCEDURES, ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES, AND INTERNAL CONTROL REVIEWS
Your resume MUST reflect that you have experience, knowledge, and/or skills in each of the following Evaluation Factors.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall rating may be negatively impacted. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Work independently using conventional procedures and practices of auditing concepts, principles, and methods
9. Perform audit assignments, including field work, using generally accepted government auditing methods and techniques
10. Carry out audit tasks designed to develop broader and more in-depth knowledge
11. Identify best practices for improvement of internal controls
12. Modify procedures or policies used in planning audits
SKILLS IN ANALYZING VARIOUS INFORMATION/PROBLEMS AND PRESENTING FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
13. Gather basic facts from a variety of sources to use as part of an overall analysis of a program
14. Analyze basic facts to develop recommendations for improvements of a program
15. Use judgment in locating and selecting the proper procedural and technical instructions for performing work
16. Assess the effectiveness of programs and internal controls
17. Develop recommendations for corrective actions to present to higher-grade staff members or management
Ability to apply effective project management and work on a team, whether as a team member or leader, to accomplish project objectives and goals
18. Identify the most appropriate data collection methods to produce quality products
19. Use the most appropriate data collection methods to produce quality products
20. Participate as a member of an audit team, contributing value to assigned audit
21. Complete thorough analysis of data in a timely manner
22. Contribute to the quality of team discussions and interactions
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY BOTH ORALLY AND IN WRITING
23. Coordinate the transfer of information between organizations
24. Conduct entrance interviews with auditees to explain the purpose of audit
25. Establish contacts to acquire or exchange information or facts needed to complete an assignment
26. Write information in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
27. Present information to supervisor and peers explaining audit conclusions
Select the response below that best states your certification of the accuracy of responses and information provided.
28. Your responses to this questionnaire are subject to evaluation, and later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify the accuracy of your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure they accurately represent your current level of experience and capability, and select the response below that best applies. Failure to certify accuracy below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation, or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to this questionnaire, my rating may be lowered or I may be removed from further consideration.