The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine if you meet the basic requirements for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
The following question pertains to your basic education.
3. I possess qualifying education: Graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) OR Graduate of foreign pharmacy degree programs or those who graduated from a U.S.-based non-ACPE accredited degree program meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE.
The following question pertains to your licensure.
4. I possess a Full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
NARRTIVE: Please identify the state in which you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license.
NARRTIVE: Please provide your license expiration date
The following question pertains to your experience or additional education.
5. Do you have one of the following?
1. The equivalent of 1 year of experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) level; or
2. Completion of 1 year post-Pharm.D. ASHP accredited Residency.
3. Will complete 1 year post-Pharm.D. ASHP accredited VA Residency within the next 90 days.A. Yes (if you have the education include a copy of your school transcript)
For the following item(s), choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill, and ability. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Experience in professional pharmacy practice.
7. Ability to communicate orally to both patients and health care staff.
8. Ability to communicate in writing to both patients and health care staff.
9. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
10. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
VETERANS PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
11. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE AN ANSWER WILL RESULT IN YOUR NOT BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
12. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the following provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
Reminder - Your VA Form 10-2850a (and/or Curriculum Vitae (CV) must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Schools Attended, date graduated/confirmed
Current, unrestricted, Pharmacy license #(s)