Enter the Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however without it, we cannot process your application.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the answer that best reflects your current level of education and/or experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position at the GS-9 grade level.A. I have at least one year (52-weeks) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service establishing criteria to measure and/or predict the fulfillment of administrative goals and objectives; developing administrative guidelines for application throughout the office; writing standard operating procedures for implementing administrative directives; analyzing data to prepare findings and make recommendations to improve administrative processes and procedures; and tracking progress and ensure deadlines are met for management.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of administrative plans and policies needed to ensure that the office procedures are properly coordinated and executed.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide technical expertise and guidance to management officials on the full range of administrative processes and procedures.
3. Provide administrative support to the development of the office budget.
4. Organize travel plans for management using proper policies and procedures.
5. Coordinate events for management to ensure no duplication of effort in meeting requirements.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of analytical, evaluative, and investigative methods, practices and procedures, regulations, precedents, and policies to interpret information and apply it to administrative operations
6. Plan work, set priorities, and prepare schedules for the completion of work.
7. Formulate, develop, and implement administrative office policies and procedures.
8. Develop short and long range plans to ensure that office operations are conducted effectively and efficiently.
9. Develop new or alternative procedures to improve the effectiveness of work methods and procedures.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for assessing and improving program effectiveness and efficiency.
10. Conduct studies to evaluate effectiveness and/or efficiency of administrative programs or operations.
11. Evaluate administrative projects and/or programs to recommend enhancements that are more effective within the framework of the office and workload.
12. Analyze potential effect of changes (i.e., new or proposed legislation, staffing levels, and office automation technology) to policy and organization.
13. Analyze and evaluate current processes to recommend changes (i.e., reorganizations, increased automation, reallocation of resources, etc.).
The following statements pertain to your skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques in order to identify, consider and resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
14. Conduct studies of current policies and procedures to ensure technical accuracy and regulatory compliance.
15. Develop spreadsheets as a tool for comparative analysis.
16. Work with others in identifying and resolving problems and program related issues.
17. Establish methodologies for problem situations, identifying missing data and formulating initiatives to collect required data.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate orally.
18. Advise management on unusual, complex and/or controversial administrative problems.
19. Conduct formal presentations for staff on administrative related information and issues.
20. Represent organization on workgroups and taskforces.
21. Attend and/or sponsor meetings, training sessions and other appropriate forum to facilitate information exchange with stakeholders and all interested parties.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate in writing.
22. Create written briefings, presentations, summaries, etc., which includes complex technical information for management, stakeholders, and staff members.
23. Prepare correspondence to advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations to management.
24. Write responses to questions regarding staffing, classification, and employee/labor relations.
25. Write administrative policy and/or procedural guidance.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.