Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Biologist, GS-0401-13.A. I have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Microbiologist, GS-0403-13.A. I have a degree from an accredited college or university in microbiology; or biology; chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Chemist, GS-1320-13.
4. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience for Biologist, GS-0401-13; Microbiologist, GS-0403-13 and Chemist, GS-1320-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service working in a field of scientific specialty in order to evaluate scientific and manufacturing (process) information as it relates to tobacco products.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Analyze compliance and enforcement program operations and activities to ensure compliance with policy requirements.
6. Analyze extremely complex incoming requests to determine if they are in compliance with the compliance policies and procedures.
7. Formulate and implement processes and controls to improve the compliance program efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Work with Institutional Review Boards or other regulatory oversight committees.
9. Perform work to obtain information, gather evidence, or verify facts related to regulations of a compliance program.
10. Develop and review scientific regulatory and compliance concepts, procedures, guidelines and policies.
11. Serve on technical review panels for contract proposals.
12. Monitor contracts for quality assurance and quality control.
13. Provide technical assistance in development of criteria and standards for planning, implementation and evaluation of studies, contracts, grants and/or cooperative agreement proposals.
14. Present informal remarks at briefings, training sessions, consumer industry workshops, etc.
15. Explain or justify decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations.
16. Participate in or represent the organization or a client at briefings, meetings or conferences.
17. Compose complex correspondence or other written work (manuals, books, management or technical reports, research or contract proposals).
18. Write recommendations for contract or grant negotiations.
19. Review reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance or authenticity.