Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education as it relates to the work of the Contract Specialist at the GS-14 level.A. I have a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (Note: You must include copies of your transcripts.)
2. Please choose the response that best describes your level experience as it relates to the work of the Contract Specialist at the GS-14 level.A. I have completed at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience was specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the GS-13 level (but may also have been obtained in the private sector) and provided the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the duties of this position. Such specialized experience must provide evidence of the following: (1) knowledge of acquisition and logistics laws, regulations, principles and policies; (2) ability to direct and manage a complex business operation that implements Federal acquisition laws, regulations, policies and procedures (3) ability to effectively supervise, manage, direct and lead personnel and activities that provide dedicated customer-service support to specific clientele; (4) ability to analyze, formulate and recommend procurement legislation, plans, policies for service-wide implementation; and (5) ability to communicate orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Administer programs and any resultant contracts for the efficient and effective functioning of health care delivery systems.
4. Implement innovative contracting strategies and negotiations to solve complex acquisition problems.
5. Ensure availability of commercial products and services through negotiation and award of supply schedule contracts.
6. Use information from market research and analyses to form the basis for decisions on acquisition and distribution strategies.
7. Provide management in the modification of existing agreements, policies and procedures concerning the logistics of a flexible, cost-efficient acquisition program.
8. Plan and direct national programs and services relating to the contracting of healthcare-related products and services.
9. Direct the establishment, planning, solicitation, etc. for a broad range of national multi-year contracts.
10. Monitor acquisition programs to ensure continuous improvement.
11. Establish procedures to analyze and ascertain the range, quality and availability of clinical in-patient and out-patient care products to determine whether they meet customers' needs.
12. Develop program concepts and establish priorities to accomplish organizational acquisition goals.
13. Establish organization's long and short range acquisition planning to expand both the service provided and the customer base served.
14. Create procedures for reducing costs without impairing overall organizational effectiveness.
15. Perform high-level briefings and speeches to a variety of audiences.
16. Communicate and collaborate with individuals from many forums, such as CEOs from the private sector, major industry representatives, etc.
17. Communicate the concept and spirit of organizational goals and objectives, especially a focus on customer service to national system of users.
18. Maintain open liaison with top acquisition and distribution policy officials of various organizations.
19. Prepare reports and position papers on the effectiveness of the overall organization operations.
20. I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to verify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes