Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 832103
STAFF SUPPORT CLERK (OA), GS-0303-4/5
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-05) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspxA. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
5. For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute (wpm) and knowledge of general office automation software such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
To be eligible for (OA) positions, you must be able to: type 40 words per minute; possess knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
NOTE: A falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-4 Staff Support Clerk (OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I possess at least one year of general experience which is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Staff Support Clerk (OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service which involved preparing and reviewing correspondence; making travel arrangements and processing vouchers; arranging for conferences, meetings, and training sessions; ensuring that all requests for action or information are acted upon and due dates are met; assisting with budget activities; processing time and attendance records; and maintaining office filing systems. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
8. Schedule, prepare, process and maintain travel arrangements, vouchers and related documents.
9. Receive, record and route incoming facsimiles and mail.
10. Perform procurement duties for a variety of standard retail items using simplified purchasing procedures.
11. Maintain and process time sheets and attendance records.
12. Maintain inventory of supplies or equipment.
13. Maintain own or others' calendar or schedules.
14. Revise procedures or methods to improve efficiency.
15. Compose simple correspondence and other written work.
16. Proofread letters and other documents for grammatical, spelling and typographical errors.
17. Review content of letters and other documents for completeness, correctness or consistency.
18. Format letters and other documents (for example, setting margins or line spacing).
19. Correct mistakes in written and computer documents and records.
20. Use a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, or manipulate files.
21. Use a computer to process and analyze data.
22. Create and maintain a computerized record system.
23. Operate standard office equipment (for example, telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator).
24. Monitor office equipment to make sure they run properly.
25. Keep up with new features in office equipment or technology.
26. Project a professional attitude and appearance.
27. Screen phone calls and refers caller to appropriate individuals.
28. Respond to and follow up on requests or complaints.
29. Greet and refer visitors to appropriate personnel for assistance.
30. Serve as liaison between personnel, clients, and customers
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
31. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.