Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 830922
Administrative Support Assistant (OA)
Enter the lowest grade level (05-06) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
Choose one answer that best describes your experience as it relates to the work of a GS-05 Administrative Support Assistant.A. I have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service) performing a variety of criminal and civil support duties such as performing administrative functions, utilizing a variety of office automation software programs, communicating effectively both orally and in writing, reviewing a variety of work for conformance with established procedures, establishing and maintaining data and files, receiving and distributing mail, coordinating travel or prisoner transfer arrangements, verifying accuracy of information received, and tracking receipt and execution of mail such as subpoenas, summons, or complaints.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as it relates to the work of a GS-06 Administrative Support Assistant.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-5 level of the Federal Service which demonstrates experience in establishing and maintaining files in accordance with established procedures and retention regulations, preparing recurring reports, and responding to questions from inside and outside the agency concerning civil and criminal actions. This experience includes creating and modifying data within existing spreadsheets, collecting and reporting data from databases and spreadsheets, editing the formatting, alignment, and graphs of documents created in word-processing software.
3. In order to be considered for this position, you must certify your typing speed.A. I certify that I type between 30-39 words per minute with 3 or fewer errors.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Coordinate prisoner movement with appropriate transportation department.
Coordinate travel documentation with other divisions based on requests.
6. Resolve problems in documentation and notify appropriate staff of them.
Arrange the prisoners automated daily production calendar.
Ensure orders are given proper priority and deadlines are met.
9. Respond orally to inquiries for information.
10. Maintain contact with other offices to obtain data.
11. Respond in writing to inquiries or requests for information.
12. Compose non-technical correspondence based on verbal instruction or written notes.
13. Utilize word processing office automation software programs such as Microsoft Word to compose correspondence.
14. Respond in writing to inquiries or requests for information.
15. Compose non-technical correspondence based on verbal instruction or written notes.
16. Utilize word processing office automation software programs such as Microsoft Word to compose correspondence.
17. Receive criminal writs, court orders, or requests for criminal movement.
18. Verify accuracy of information.
19. Maintain records and files to ensure information is accurate and current.
20. Review case files for compliance with rules and regulations.
21. Verify applicability of federal rules and procedures.
22. Track receipt and execution of mail such as subpoenas, summons, or complaints.
23. Establish and maintain a variety of filing systems.
24. Ensure documents use proper formatting, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
Input data into automated programs.
Compile monthly statistical reports.
27. Maintain data for medical bills.
28. Utilize office automation equipment.
29. Utilize various software programs.
Utilize and maintain a database system to gather and compile data.
31. Prepare monthly reports.
32. Proofread and edit text files.
Have you received training related to this position in the past two years? If you answer yes, you must provide the title, month and year of training received.A. Yes
Have you received an award within the past two years? If you answer yes, you must provide the title, year and month of the award.A. Yes