If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page.
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Medical Officer (GS-602-15) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the Minimum Education requirements for the Supervisory Medical Officer (Clinical) position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position because I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes your professional physician registration status.A. I qualify for this position because I have an active, current medical license as a physician in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
3. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional Qualifications Requirements of a Supervisory Medical Officer (Clinical), GS-0602-15 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-15 level because I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level that demonstrated my ability to perform significant medical research in a particular medical field. Examples of specialized experience include: leading and mentoring a medical staff in a research environment; providing specialized medical expertise in clinical research; assisting in developing research programs, which enhanced research goals and objectives of an organization; collaborating with other organizations and outside researchers in a variety of clinically-related projects; analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting scientific and clinical data in order to prepare papers for publications in peer-reviewed journals; presenting medical findings at seminars and scientific meetings; designing, conducting, or directing clinical investigations or trials; providing direct patient care or developing organization policies about patient care; providing recommendation for the established, revised, or re-evaluated goals and objectives of the research programs; develops policies and plans to strengthening the program areas which impact national and/or international research activities.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for priority consideration. If you want priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For the following questions, please provide a short response to best describe your experience and/or training.
Please provide a list of the board certification(s) you possess, if applicable.
Please identify your medical speciality or areas of expertise.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.