The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy.
Area of Consideration - Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions
1. I am a citizen of the United States.A. Yes
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)A. Yes
3. I am a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university. (The degree program must have been approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following (a) a letter of acceptance into a U.S. graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE; (b) written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination; or (c) a letter from a U.S. college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual's foreign pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree.A. Yes
4. I have a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. (Note: The pharmacist must maintain current registration if there is a requirement for maintaining full, current, and unrestricted licensure. A pharmacist who has, or has ever had, any license(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions in chapter 3, section B, paragraph 16 of this part.)A. Yes
Please identify the state in which you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license.
Please state the year your license expires.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy.
5. Do you have one year of creditable experience at the next lower grade level which is directly related to the position to be filled or completion of a 1 year post-Pharm.D. ASHP accredited Residency?A. Yes.
Pharmacists assigned to these positions must demonstrate an ability to manage people and/or programs and the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics necessary to satisfactorily complete the following duties.
6. Developing and coordinating activities, both clinical and administrative, directed at the containment and reduction in drug therapy costs.A. Yes.
7. Serving as a consultant within Pharmacy Service and with other facility health care staff in evaluating health care delivery to patients and drug therapy outcomes.A. Yes.
8. Assessing, planning and evaluating the pharmacy program to ensure proper coordination between the delivery of pharmacy services and the overall delivery of health care.A. Yes.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Ability to read, interpret and apply complex written instructions.
10. Knowledge of pharmaceutical care principles, theories, concepts, practices and the ability to apply them.
11. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
12. Knowledge of standards, laws and regulations related to distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs. This includes, but is not limited to established by the DEA, FDA, VA and JCAHO.
13. Knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics and pharmacotherapeutics.
14. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with patients and with other health care providers.
15. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
VETERANS PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.