Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist (Policy and Issues Mgmt), GS-601-15.A. I have at least a bachelor's degree: major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist (Policy and Issues Mgmt), GS-601-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professionals representing diverse groups at both State and Federal levels..
4. Lead strategic engagement of healthcare systems.
5. Use preventive services in healthcare to enhance the interface between healthcare and public health.
6. Design public and private initiatives to develop and enhance prevention opportunities within the health care system.
7. Provide information and technical assistance to public health partners.
8. Apply complex public health principles to assess new public health policies and strategies.
9. Develop analysis of Federal legislation, regulations, directives and issuances.
10. Track legislation as it moves through the process and provide updates and reports.
11. Synthesis and Analyze expertise of relevant healthcare and public health policy and legislation, including the ACA.
12. Identify and facilitate synergies of relevant healthcare including Affordable Care Act activities.
13. Promote and develop new training-related initiatives.
14. Review and critique the public health research literature.
15. Participate in research teams and workgroups by providing guidance, recommendations and advice on public health policy including ACA.
16. Monitor and oversee activities to align, coordinate, and integrate public health and different components of the health care system to further public health and prevention opportunities in the ACA.
17. Develop and update organization's goals management plan.
18. Plan and conduct study projects to gather and analyze data.
19. Research, develop, and evaluate key public health policies, procedures, and guidelines.
20. Prepare recommendations and evaluate content of new or modified legislation including ACA.
21. Participate in developing policy and objectives, short and long-term goals, program strategies, and operating policies.
22. Participate in research teams and workgroups by providing guidance, recommendations and advice on public health policy.
23. Contribute to research and analysis related to public health programs through development of projects related to public health issues.
24. Collaborate with national and international partners on health care related programs, projects, and studies.
25. Develop written reports and other mission related documents.
26. Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professionals representing diverse groups at both State and Federal levels.
27. Make clear convincing presentations and explain and justify recommendations.
28. Manage linkages and relationships with external organizations, including other federal and state agencies.
29. Support the effective transfer of knowledge and information to stakeholders including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Health Reform, the White House Domestic Policy Council, and other Administration offices.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.