From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
1. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?
2. Do you possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university OR are you a current OIG employee, including a Student Cooperative, with 4 or more years of work specifically related to the Postal Service or the Postal Service OIG who is substituting experience for a degree? (SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS OR, FOR CURRENT OIG EMPLOYEES SUBSTITUTING EXPERIENCE FOR A DEGREE, YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW YOU GAINED THIS EXPERIENCE)
3. Do you have at least 4 years' experience conducting program and performance audits? Postal Service specialized experience in consumer and industry affairs, corporate communications, government relations and public policy can be substituted for one or more years of audit experience. (YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW YOU GAINED THIS EXPERIENCE)
USPS OIG officials may not appoint any of their relatives or recommend them for appointment in the OIG. Any relative who is appointed in violation of this restriction cannot be paid. Thus it is necessary to have information about your relatives who are working for the USPS OIG. These include: mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, wife, husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepdaughter, stepson, stepsister, stepbrother, half-sister, and half-brother.
4. Does the USPS Office of Inspector General employ any relative of yours by blood or marriage?A. Yes (Provide information listed below.)
If you answer "Yes" to this question, provide the following information in the section provided for such relatives:
(1) Full name; (2) Present address and ZIP Code; (3) Relationship; (4) Position title; (5) Name and location of USPS OIG installation where employed.
From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the desirable qualifications of certification and experience for this position.
5. Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or any degree from an accredited college or university that includes at least 24 semester hours of accounting? (SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)
6. Do you have an advanced degree? (SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)
7. Do you have a Professional Certification, such as CPA, CIA, SixSigma, etc.? (SUBMIT COPY)
8. Do you have specialized audit experience to include auditing of consumer and industry affairs, corporate communications, government relations and public policy? (YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW YOU GAINED THIS EXPERIENCE)
KNOWLEDGE OF AUDITING STANDARDS, GENERALLY ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING PRINCIPLES, AUDITING CONCEPTS, METHODOLOGIES, PROCEDURES, ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES, AND INTERNAL CONTROL REVIEWS
Your resume MUST reflect that you have experience, knowledge, and/or skills in each of the following Evaluation Factors.
For the tasks for each Evaluation Factor in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E for each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall rating may be negatively impacted. Please select only one letter for each item.
9. Apply principles, concepts, techniques, and guidelines in the area of auditing
10. Perform compliance reviews to ensure that an organization's operations are consistent with internal and external policies, regulations, or laws
11. Perform performance evaluations that assess the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and evaluate best practices in other government agencies or industry
12. Explain auditing methods and procedures to others
13. Develop audit programs, design test plans, and sampling methodologies for both compliance and performance audits
SKILLS IN ANALYZING VARIOUS INFORMATION/PROBLEMS AND PRESENTING FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
14. Analyze conditions and elements in work environments characterized by systems, functions, and controls
15. Evaluate and suggest a course of action from many alternatives
16. Consolidate analysis of information from various sources
17. Identify situations where waste, abuse, and inefficiencies exist
18. Develop recommendations for corrective actions to present to management
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY BOTH ORALLY AND IN WRITING
19. Discuss sensitive information with others, either in person or by telephone, to gather information they were hesitant to give
20. Conduct entrance and exit interviews with management to explain the purpose of audit procedures or solicit their viewpoint
21. State multiple issues concisely so that readers easily understand findings, conclusions, and recommendations
22. Write information in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
23. Present information to supervisor and peers explaining audit conclusions
ABILITY TO APPLY EFFECTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND WORK ON A TEAM, WHETHER AS A TEAM MEMBER OR LEADER, TO ACCOMPLISH PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
24. Identify the most appropriate data collection methods to produce quality products
25. Use the most appropriate data collection methods to produce quality products
26. Lead audits of an organization's programs, operations, and activities
27. Participate as a member of an audit team, contributing value to assigned audit
28. Complete thorough analysis of data in a timely manner
29. Contribute to the quality of team discussions and interactions
CERTIFICATION OF ACCURACY
30. Your responses to this questionnaire are subject to evaluation, and later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify the accuracy of your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure they accurately represent your current level of experience and capability, and select the response below that best applies. Failure to certify accuracy below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.