Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 833233
LEGAL ASSISTANT, GS-0986-5/6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties; therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Legal Assistant. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Legal Assistant. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Legal Assistant. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Review original legal documents to be recorded.
9. Identify proper code to assign through examination of information.
10. Review legal documents encoded into the automated system.
11. Assign unique recording number to deeds, mortgages and leasehold mortgages.
12. Maintain the automated system TAAMS (Trust Asset Accounting Management System).
13. Conduct research in identification verification utilizing TAAMS, people listing, identification index cards or contact agency/tribal personnel and county vital statistic records to establish identities.
14. Scan original documents into the automated system TAAMS (Trust Asset Accounting Management System).
15. Record original documents into the automated system TAAMS (Trust Asset Accounting Management System).
16. Compose correspondence relating to defective documents or appeals.
17. Prepare notification of deficiency for the originating office.
18. Identify omissions or errors by reviewing original legal documents and notify originator.
19. Coordinate appeal cases with agency involved.
20. Prepare files for transmittal to Office of Hearings and Appeals.
21. Respond to telephone requests related to probate data.
22. Answer questions related to legal documents for recording.
23. Furnish information involving the status or recording of legal documents/probates.
24. Notify originator of deficiencies related to legal documents.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
25. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.