Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one that best describes your experience and/or education to meet the Minimum Qualification requirements for the Paralegal Specialist, GS-950-11.A. I have at least one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level. Specialized experience may include: Analyzes and evaluates case files; notes and corrects case file deficiencies (e.g., missing documents, inconsistent material, leads not investigated) before sending the case on to the trial attorney; reviews and analyzes available precedents to cases under consideration for use in presenting case summaries to trial attorneys; gathers, sorts, classifies, and interprets data to discover patterns of possible questionable activity; interviews potential witnesses to gather information; takes depositions; testifies in court concerning relevant data; trains junior paralegals or other legal support staff.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Create computerized databases to maintain routine functions of a case management system.
3. Perform legal research in support of attorney cases using various computerized databases (e.g. Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Summation, etc).
4. Perform legal research in support of attorney cases using various case management databases (e.g. Quattro Pro, Excel, Panadox, MS Access, etc).
5. Maintain computer database records and materials received for use in trials.
6. Write legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence in support of attorney cases.
7. Prepare written summarized testimony and depositions.
8. Prepare summaries of interviews for courtroom use.
9. Coordinate with personnel in preparation for trial.
10. Exchange various case information with other government agency officials during the course of an investigation where mutual interests are involved.
11. Interview witnesses to elicit sensitive information.
12. Train paralegals or other support staff in the protection of sensitive information.
13. Maintain custody of subpoenaed documents.
14. Assemble exhibits used as evidence at a trial.
15. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.