Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Staff Assistant at the GS-9 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-7 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, and it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: providing executive level administrative, clerical, and office automation support; composing and typing correspondence and memoranda of a general, technical and statistical nature; maintaining an Executive Director's calendar and appointment/meeting schedules; receiving and screening all telephone calls and visitors to the office.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Manage the office administrative processes and ensure established procedures meet the current needs and are understood and consistently followed by the staff.
3. Establish and maintain office files on a wide range of topics.
4. Gather necessary materials from files as needed for briefings and meetings.
5. Maintain director's calendar and appointment/meeting schedules.
6. Ensure appropriate arrangements are made for locally scheduled meetings and conferences.
7. Review and/or update administrative office procedures that affect the orderly and efficient flow of work.
8. Perform a variety of analytical and administrative duties in support of the executive level.
9. Participate in the implementation of decisions and solutions of problems relative to the administration.
10. Resolve a variety of conflicts regarding administrative policies and processes among organizational issues.
11. Evaluate procedures and determine when updates are required.
12. Ensure the accuracy of all written material, including format and all aspects of grammar, form, arrangement and style.
13. Control all office correspondence for the executive level.
14. Review all outgoing correspondence and written material submitted for signature or concurrence, for proper grammar and format.
15. Receive all incoming mail for the office and determine whether correspondence should be brought to the attention of the executive level, referred to other staff members, or handle personally.
16. Provide guidance and assistance to personnel on issues dealing with correspondence, travel reporting procedures and timekeeping.
17. Receive and screen all telephone calls and visitors to the office, exercising maximum tact, diplomacy, and judgment.
18. Communicate trends observed and analyzed involving administration management and various other functions within the office.
19. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes