Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Staff Assistant at the GS-9 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-7 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, and it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: providing executive level administrative, clerical, and office automation support; composing and typing correspondence and memoranda of a general, technical and statistical nature; maintaining an Executive Director's calendar and appointment/meeting schedules; receiving and screening all telephone calls and visitors to the office.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Manage the office administrative processes and ensure established procedures meet the current needs and are understood and consistently followed by the staff.
3. Establish and maintain office files on a wide range of topics.
4. Gather necessary materials from files as needed for briefings and meetings.
5. Maintain director's calendar and appointment/meeting schedules.
6. Ensure appropriate arrangements are made for locally scheduled meetings and conferences.
7. Review and/or update administrative office procedures that affect the orderly and efficient flow of work.
8. Perform a variety of analytical and administrative duties in support of the executive level.
9. Participate in the implementation of decisions and solutions of problems relative to the administration.
10. Resolve a variety of conflicts regarding administrative policies and processes among organizational issues.
11. Evaluate procedures and determine when updates are required.
12. Ensure the accuracy of all written material, including format and all aspects of grammar, form, arrangement and style.
13. Control all office correspondence for the executive level.
14. Review all outgoing correspondence and written material submitted for signature or concurrence, for proper grammar and format.
15. Receive all incoming mail for the office and determine whether correspondence should be brought to the attention of the executive level, referred to other staff members, or handle personally.
16. Provide guidance and assistance to personnel on issues dealing with correspondence, travel reporting procedures and timekeeping.
17. Receive and screen all telephone calls and visitors to the office, exercising maximum tact, diplomacy, and judgment.
18. Communicate trends observed and analyzed involving administration management and various other functions within the office.
19. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes