PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating your application ineligible for consideration or terminating your employment, if hired.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience.A. I have experience managing a large, geographically dispersed organization with a 24 hour/7 day a week emergency management mission.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience.A. I have at least (1) one year of experience equivalent to the GS-14 level managing the day-to-day operations, including monitoring programs and activities, and supervising staff, which includes resolving conflicts, in emergency management/Homeland Security program delivery and disaster operations under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act.
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience.A. I have at least (1) one year of experience equivalent to the GS-14 level developing policies related to the mobilization of personnel and response resources during emergencies.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to manage and monitor programs and activities, resolve conflict and problems, act as a liaison, and provide assistance to State and local government officials, for a large organization. Please select only one letter.A- I have not had training or experience in performing this task.
4. Lead the development of internal agenda/strategy to assure effective operating procedures and program implementation for disaster assistance and emergency management operations.
5. Managerial experience in a large organization, including supervision of supervisors, administration of conflict resolution, mentoring and discipline.
6. Plan, direct and evaluate the work of staff, to include developing work plans in support of achieving established goals, providing informal feedback and conducting formal performance evaluations, and recommending promotions, disciplinary actions and ensuring appropriate personnel coverage levels for assigned and distributed work.
7. Experience creating an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports resolution of conflicts.
8. Experience ensuring adherence to sound personnel management practices and procedures.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to play a vital role in the development of policy covering: mobilization of human, natural and industrial resources during emergencies, and the preparation/coordination of emergency plans and operations. Please select only one letter.
9. Experience with Federal, State, Tribal or local government disaster programs including: budgeting, personnel and administrative process management.
10. Experience providing advice and guidance to senior managers regarding emergency operations, resource planning and staff development programs in support of an organization's program and service delivery.
11. Establish goals and objectives to deliver effective management and support of emergency operations to meet the needs of, and improve, an organization's program delivery.
12. Experience with the development and oversight of budgets and financial management for a large emergency or disaster assistance organization or operation.
13. Experience establishing an organization's vision and implementing that vision in a continuously changing, operational environment.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to fulfill a variety of organization responsibilities. Please select only one letter.
14. Prepare and manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in appropriation or other legislated changes.
15. Experience managing multiple, geographically disbursed, divisions and centers of operations.
16. Conduct briefings for senior level management to explain specific analysis and to provide recommendations to improve business operations in an emergency management or disaster operation environment.
17. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of important issues related to emergency management legislation, developments, and actions to determine their affect or impact on an organization's programs, missions, and other activities.
18. Experience approving multi-year, long-range work plans developed by organizational units, and subsequently managing overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to represent the organization on committees, boards and councils on emergency preparedness planning, program implementation and response in crisis situations. Please select only one letter.
19. Negotiate with internal and external individuals/groups to facilitate program/project implementation or to find mutually acceptable solutions when opposing or competing viewpoints are present.
20. Build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies; State, Tribal, and local governments; nonprofit and private sector organizations; foreign governments or international organizations, to achieve common goals.
21. Experience writing and/or editing correspondence to members of Congress, government executives, and other constituents to provide information concerning program and administrative matters.
22. Experience presenting policy interpretations on controversial issues which have regional and/or national implications.
23. Experience conveying senior leadership priorities and preferences to outside organizations.