Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements of an Epidemiologist, GS-601:A. I have a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements of an Epidemiologist, GS-601-14:A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, designing, planning and initiating epidemiological studies, surveys, and investigations concerning vaccine preventable diseases or closely related public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Apply epidemiological principles to investigate, review and analyze programmatic public health issues in developing countries.
4. Lead a surveillance, epidemiology or health science program designed to investigate trends and developments affecting public health activities.
5. Experience in planning, developing, leading, managing or directing international public health programs, surveys, and studies.
6. Experience evaluating and coordinating the work of a diverse, multi-disciplinary staff conducting public health science and program activities.
7. Work with diverse, multidisciplinary professionals and administrative staff engaged in major aspects of health science work.
8. Design, conduct, and analyze surveillance projects to evaluate their reliability and validity in measuring the effectiveness of scientific public health programs and strategies.
9. Utilize qualitative and quantitative analytic software to generate reports and analysis.
10. Design training sessions and provide guidance in surveillance and epidemiology practices and techniques.
11. Work with experts and partners in the field of international public health to improve the quality of disease surveillance systems.
12. Work as a member of a diverse and multidisciplinary group of researchers including subject matter experts and technical professionals on a project through the planning, control/implementation and/or evaluation phases.
13. Work with developing countries with Ministry of Health and WHO Officials.
14. Perform leadership functions on a project or program, such as mentoring, evaluating, planning, setting goals, reporting and resolving conflicts.
15. Disseminate scientific and programmatic information by briefing media and other public officials.
16. Communicate scientific findings or ideas orally where the subject of the communication relates to public health science.
17. Represent the organization at professional meetings and conferences on epidemiology, program, research or policy issues related to public health.
18. Author or co- author articles, research findings and/or public health relevant position papers in peer-reviewed publications, scholarly journals or national reports.
19. Develop scientific publications and other documents communicating scientific findings.
20. Present results of technical studies, projects or programs clearly and concisely in writing.
21. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.