Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Analyst (Policy), GS-685-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service to include experience in the planning, analysis and evaluation of public health policy and legislative activities related to the implementation of public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Identify policy needs in order to coordinate the preparation of strategies and proposals in response to those needs.
3. Provide advice on the development, direction, and coordination of planning, evaluation, legislative and policy issues related to chronic disease programs.
4. Apply knowledge of public health principles to the identification of strategic, programmatic and scientific areas in need of strengthening.
5. Analyze public health issues and their impact on chronic disease programs.
6. Develop reports that reflect an in-depth analysis and interpretation of policy matters involving relevant public health issues.
7. Present analysis of highly visible policy issues, potential impact and recommendations to senior leadership.
8. Analyze chronic disease related legislative proposals in order to identify implications for the organization or the populations served.
9. Perform independent public health policy research to further organization's goals and objectives.
10. Provide analysis in support of those responsible for answering Congressionals and other correspondence to ensure that responses are consistent with the organization's mission and goals.
11. Serve as point of contact for information about chronic disease prevention and health promotion programs.
12. Brief senior management on chronic disease programs and other polices.
13. Explain decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations to support actions taken by the organization.
14. Prepare decision papers relating to the funding of chronic disease programs for use in briefings.
15. Prepare decision papers for use in getting decisions on major chronic disease policy issues.
16. Develop written materials for briefings, meetings or conferences.
17. Develop messages to advance a health program or policy among multiple audiences, including media, stakeholders and policy makers.
18. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.