Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software)
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
It is important to note that all of your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire are subject to review and verification. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience, you will be rated ineligible.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience pertaining to the Basic Requirement of this position. Please mark one response.A. I possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four IT-related competencies as defined in the vacancy announcement: Attention to Detail; Customer Service; Oral Communication; and, Problem Solving.
2. Select the one statement that best describes experience you fully possess that demonstrates ability to perform the work of this Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software) GS-2210-12 position. Please mark one response.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service performing the following duties: a) develop and administer database systems; b) develop web applications; c) conduct software analysis, design, development and implementation for new systems or major enhancements to existing systems; and d) assess new software design technologies within a current systems environment and resolve critical issues affecting the configuration of the IT infrastructure.
3. Select the one statement that best describes the experience you fully possess to meet the Selective Placement Factor of this Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software) GS-2210-12 position. Please mark one response.A. I meet the Selective Placement Factor for this position because I am proficient at using the C# (C Sharp) programming language to develop Web applications using Microsoft's .NET platform and to develop, maintain and enhance .NET applications with Microsoft's SQL Server Databases. NOTE: To be found qualified for this position, the contents of your resume must explicitly support this response and describe where and when you acquired this Selective Placement Factor.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Optimize an organization's existing Web-based applications using knowledge of available Internet technologies, the C# programming language, Internet protocols, and familiarity with usability concepts, accessibility requirements, and customer missions and programs
5. Design and develop new Web-based applications using appropriate Internet technologies; the C# programming language; Internet protocols; and usability concepts, accessibility requirements, and customer missions and programs
6. Analyze and provide solutions to customer requirements through application programming in the C# programming language
7. Evaluate and recommend the most effective uses of Internet technologies for an organization
8. Manage multiple websites and their associated Web pages, ensuring consideration of relevant security and authentication issues
9. Manage multiple websites and their associated Web pages, ensuring site compliance with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act
10. Update and modify existing applications for continuous improvement and maintenance of automation programs
11. Perform application programming and testing work involving the full range of applications development activities for major software projects, such as the programming of a new system or major enhancement to an existing system using the C# programming language and Microsoft SQL Server
12. Perform technical design work and documentation for assigned programming projects based on business requirements and design considerations
13. Analyze work processes and operations to determine the feasibility of developing new programs or upgrading existing ones to improve the efficiency and productivity of business practices
14. Develop and maintain clear and concise written procedures and instructions regarding the use of applications
15. Ensure that applications are consistent with current and planned infrastructure and data environments
16. Balance competing requirements to program, test, refine, and integrate software programs with shared data and attributes
17. Coordinate with other specialists to ensure security, privacy, and interoperability of applications under development
18. Support automated systems involving a wide variety of platforms, operating systems, applications, and desktop configurations
19. Analyze and resolve customer support requests involving application programming, integration, or configuration related issues
20. Identify and break down problems using a structured problem resolution approach
21. Work with network specialists, business analysts, database administrators, and security specialists to prevent recurring problems and to ensure applications are customer oriented
22. Review technical and design specifications in order to recommend changes needed to address customer support requirements
23. Develop specifications for user instruction manuals based on customers' needs
24. As previously explained, your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period.
Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this warning
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.