Thank you for your interest in the Librarian (GS-1410-12) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications requirements for the Professional Librarian Series.A. I have successfully completed at least 1 full academic year of graduate study in library science in an accredited college or university, in addition to completion of all work required for a bachelor's degree in any field.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Librarian, GS-1410-12 position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-12 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: evaluating, selecting, and adapting precedents to meet specialized information requirements of specialized clients; applying standard practices of other disciplines as they relate to the librarian profession (e.g., physical and biological sciences, toxicology, medicine, public health, or contracting); initiating and managing specialized projects related to locating, selecting, organizing or accessing information, often of a specialized or technical nature, from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources and electronic data bases; leading special task groups or teams to develop outreach projects and specialized resources to improve access to quality and accurate health information for specific or underserved populations; developing training materials and providing training sessions to specific audiences; using a variety of techniques, and obtaining feedback from clients to aid in modifying or improving services and resources or determining reasons for their use or non-use.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government or Status for referral consideration. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. Reinstatement – I am a former Federal government employee who served as a civilian on a permanent competitive appointment. Please note: not all former Federal government employees are eligible for Reinstatement. For more information on who is eligible for Reinstatement, please visit the USAJobs Reinstatement Eligibility Page.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your separation Standard Form--50 (SF-50) and a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. If you separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via Federal Records Center, National Archives and Records Administration, 111 Winnebago Street, St. Louis, MO 63118-4126, or visit The National Archives Page.A. Yes
2. Status Candidate– I am a current Federal government employee, serving on a career or career-conditional appointment who has served at least 90 days after competitive appointment. NOTE:If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from your HR Office or, if you are an HHS employee, from the eOPF Page. If you separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via Federal Records Center, National Archives and Records Administration, 111 Winnebago Street, St. Louis, MO 63118-4126 or visit The National Archives Page.
Status Candidate– I am a current Federal government employee, serving on a career or career-conditional appointment who has served at least 90 days after competitive appointment.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from your HR Office or, if you are an HHS employee, from the eOPF Page. If you separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via Federal Records Center, National Archives and Records Administration, 111 Winnebago Street, St. Louis, MO 63118-4126 or visit The National Archives Page.A. Yes
3. The Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)– I am an individual who is eligible for VEOA. The Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) of 1998 provides that agencies must allow preference eligibles or eligible veterans to apply for positions announced under merit promotion procedures when the agency is recruiting from outside its own workforce.
To be eligible for consideration under VEOA, you must: Be a preference eligible, OR a veteran separated from the armed forces after three or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Veterans released shortly before completing a three-year tour are eligible. ("Active service" defined in title 37, United States Code, means active duty in the uniformed services and includes full-time training duty, annual training duty, full-time National Guard duty, and attendance, while in the active service, at a school designated as a service school by law or by the Secretary of the military department concerned.).
NOTE: If you select "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release, or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any).
Please visit the VetGuide Page for more information on VEOA.A. Yes
4. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)– I am an individual who is eligible for appointment under the VRA authority.
The VRA is a special authority by which agencies can appoint eligible veterans without competition to positions at any grade level through General Schedule (GS) 11 or equivalent.
To be eligible for appointment under VRA, you must: Be a disabled veteran; OR a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; OR a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; OR I have separated from active duty within the past three years under honorable conditions.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.
Please visit the the VetGuide Page for more information on VRA.A. Yes
5. 30% Disabled Veteran– I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; OR a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more, and my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.
Please visit the the VetGuide Page for more information on non-competitive appointments for 30% or more disabled veterans.A. Yes
6. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities)– I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities Page.A. Yes
7. Non-Competitive (Other)– I am eligible to be considered under a special non-competitive appointing authority (e.g., Peace Corps volunteer service, current career Postal Service personnel, conversion from service in the Presidential Management Fellows Program, Commissioned Corps, etc.) that was established by law or Executive Order.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit a copy of your non-competitive eligibility documentation to receive consideration.A. Yes
If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please enter the type of non-competitive eligibility you are claiming.
8. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience and/or training.
1. Have you provided direct library reference services in a biomedical or health science environment?A. Yes
2. Have you worked with scientific or health care communities?A. Yes
3. Have you provided guidance to others on technical library issues?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Perform in-depth subject searches of multiple online information resources.
5. Perform in-depth subject searches of multiple print information resources.
6. Conduct information searches that extend beyond standard practices and approaches.
7. Identify appropriate scholarly, scientific, professional, or consumer health resources in various formats for inclusion in a specialized website.
8. Provide health information outreach to specific populations such as low literacy populations; immigrant and refugee populations; racial or ethnic minority populations; or educators.
9. Develop strategic goals and objectives for a library program.
10. Monitor the progress of projects and provide status updates to senior staff.
11. Evaluate and assess services and systems to ensure that user needs are met.
12. Identify and recommend methods for improving program efficiency.
13. Develop outreach activities for exhibits, presentations or conferences, in response to locally identified outreach efforts.
14. Describe library programs to senior leadership and external audiences, and answer related questions.
15. Present on topics related to library program management and administration at regional or national professional conferences.
16. Lead working groups or teams to produce satisfactory results for the organization.
17. Communicate with senior management officials about library activities, programs, or operations.
18. Write library memoranda, instructions, plans, and policies for use by library staff.
19. Obtain feedback from clients to aid the organization in modifying its services.
20. Analyze usage of library services, resources and websites to identify patterns of use or non-use.
21. Analyze survey results in order to identify areas in need of improvement.
22. Make recommendations for improvement of library programs and resources to senior managers.
23. Evaluate, select, and test specialized web resources.
24. Design, evaluate, and implement search and retrieval systems for databases, websites or other library systems.
25. Provide technical advice and assistance to users of electronic biomedical information resources.
26. Conduct library surveys or evaluate library services using surveys or other tools.
27. Coordinate the development and design of training programs.
28. Conduct special projects regarding the use of library systems technology, databases, and software.
29. Update or modify information database systems, policies and procedures to meet technological or usage changes.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.