Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-685-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service which includes experience providing consultative services and advice on planning, development and evaluation of matters related to public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Review cooperative agreement applications, budgets, and contracts and prepare recommendations within accepted timelines.
3. Provide program consultation, guidance, and assistance in carrying out and promoting public health programs.
4. Interpret and apply policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines necessary for administering public health projects and reviews.
5. Provide expertise and guidance on matters leading to the improvements of public health programs.
6. Manage procurement activities including reviewing budgets, processing suspense recommendations and budget-mark-ups.
7. Prepare financial data and reports of extramural and procurements activities.
8. Conduct intense technical and budget reviews.
9. Prepare summary statements in preparations for grant award process.
10. Utilize knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to review, evaluate and improve public health.
11. Review and evaluate public health programs which results in recommendations and/or decisions for public health strategies, modifications, or improvements.
12. Analyze existing or proposed systems, strategies, services, or other health related matters to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
13. Prepare talking papers, fact sheets, and papers for presentation at public health and
professional organization conferences and meetings.
14. Make clear, convincing presentations, explain and/or justify recommendations.
15. Respond to inquiries from high-level officials and representatives from public and private organizations.
16. Collaborate with officials (e.g., Federal, State, Local), health professionals, private and/or nonprofit stakeholders on the implementation of public health programs.
17. Communicate with senior officials of the public and private sector, academic institutions, professional organizations and national/international health organizations.
18. Justify, defend, and negotiate significant or controversial issues related to public health administration.
19. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.