Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a current career/career conditional employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Atlanta District Office or an FDA ORA PHS Commissioned Corps Officer in the Atlanta District Office?A. YES
Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualfications requirements for Program Support Specialist (Technology Specialist), GS-0301-09.
2.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, which included providing information processing, database management and related support activities requiring knowledge of applications/system programming and analysis techniques of ADP systems.
Your response to the statement below below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
3. Please select the appropriate response from the list below:A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-9 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Responsible for interpretation and application of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives
5. Perform a variety of duties to ensure successful implementation and operation of information processing, database management, and related support activities within the program areas of the organization.
6. Develop and maintain a variety of computerized databases relating to the operational and administrative programs of an office.
7. Formulate recommendations and changes in hardware and software equipment based on background and understanding of policies, regulations, past practices, procedures, information and office automated/computerized needs/capabilities.
8. Conduct internal analytical studies, analyzing data collection problems, identifying and making suggestions to improve the operation of the automation program.
9. Perform quality assurance reviews to insure the accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness of the data maintained in the data bases.
10. Responsible for designing and implementing a series of integrated tasks to assure services are coordinated and performed.
11. Conduct surveys to identify the need for formal and informal training and identify sources for the training.
12. Participate in the planning and accomplishment of the office's automation program.
13. Conduct reviews of practices and day-to-day work efforts to determine areas where advanced computer-based technology can provide a greater amount of accurate information to improve management and decision-making.
14. Conduct studies of existing procedures and make recommendations or independently revise and develop alternative procedures improving the operation of the program.
15. Utilize available databases in tracking, locating and monitoring data essential to the operation of the office.
16. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources, taking appropriate action as necessary.
17. Ensure compliance and timeliness are met, setting up controls and establishing procedures.
18. Develop new reports, assist in gathering information through analysis of and extrapolation from automated listings/reports.
19. Work with various information resources management staffs for proper use/generation of report vehicles.
20. Provide computer graphics desktop publishing and picture show support for presentations and reports.
21. Serve as expert resource in use of variety of computer programs, databases and software relating to administrative, regulatory, inspectional or analytical operations.
22. Advise and assist District management in establishing and maintaining an efficient, effective automation program.
23. Provide on the job training, assistance, coaching and individualized instruction to staff in the use of various software packages and computer systems.
24. Participate in a variety of industry workshops, local, regional and agency-wide training seminars.
25. Assist in planning for and arranging the agenda of meetings and conferences.
26. Provide assistance to local computer cadre conducting technical studies and requirements analyses as part of the team for various feasibility studies related to management analyses and computer support.
27. Advise and assist management and promote activities to ensure awareness of the program both within and outside of the organization.
28. Prepare documents and user manuals describing the site-specific procedures to be followed.
29. Assist in the development of annual Multi-year Plan for ADP, including spending plan, support maintenance, development and documentation activities of systems.
30. Obtain accurate and appropriate information from authorized sources drafting documents presenting the office's views, policies and procedures.
31. Contribute to the improvement of the program by developing policies and procedures and updating standard operating procedures pertinent to the program.