Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 07.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for the Management Analyst GS 343-07 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience may include formal classroom training in the principles and techniques of analysis and in the functions, processes and principles of management or on the job training of basic analytical and organizational knowledge.
Ability to effectively communicate
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
2. Provide responsive service to customers (internal and external).
3. Provide expert advice and assistance to senior management and program officials.
4. Communicate organizational strategies, goals and objective in writing.
Knowledge of personal computers and software applications
5. Work with the Unified Financial Management System-IProcurement to perform reporting capabilities.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to work with budgetary spreadsheets.
7. Approve transactions and monitor transactions to assure a current and accurate record.
Knowledge of financial and accounts management activities
8. Execute, analyze, and present organizational budgets.
9. Monitor budget allocation and execution to ensure operating program objectives are met.
10. Prepare financial and ad hoc reports for special budget exercises.
Maintain and develop financial guidance and management controls
11. Develop and issue Center-wide or program specific authoritative budgetary guidance, policies, and procedures.
12. Assist and/or develop standard operating procedures to improve the effectiveness of work methods.
13. Participate in developing the annual budget and execution process.