Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Emergency Management Specialist (Documentation Unit Leader), AD-0089-02 position?A. Experience establishing a documentation unit work area, maintaing an incident records management system, developing routine ad hoc reports and maitains an incident chronology in a complex disaster.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
2. Are you aware that all FEMA employees are subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency, and all Federal employees may be subject to emergency deployment?
3. Are you able to meet this commitment?
4. Do you understand that the length of such deployment may last anywhere from days to months, depending upon the nature of the emergency or disaster?
5. Are you able to meet this commitment?
6. Do you understand that in the event of an emergency deployment, your travel requirements may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require you to relocate to emergency sites, some of which are quite austere?
7. Are you able to meet this commitment?
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Ability to develop and manage others in writing informational reports or other informational documents that are logical, organized, and grammatically correct (e.g., Initial Operating Report, Operational Fact Sheet or similar contact information sheet, situation report, incident chronology or other kind of official record of events document, an analysis document such as a "white paper," "business case," proposal, summary report or similar product.
9. Performs duties in the area of national security, emergency management, or federal coordination.
10. Review and edits draft materials in terms of content, audience, tone, format, consistency, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure, and use of appropriate vocabulary.
11. Ensure that there is a logical arrangement of parts or information in correspondence, reports, articles, or other materials.
12. Skill in interpreting and applying pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents applicable.
13. Analyze develop and continuously improve policies and procedures.
14. Design and administer emergency/disaster preparedness training courses that teach people how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
15. Ability to coordinate with state, tribal, and/or territorial partners to establish a unified approach to organize and manage Planning Section products and processes
16. I have worked closely with Federal/State/Local Emergency Response agencies on a variety of comprehensive emergency management issues and concerns.
17. Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office software to prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, and slide presentations.
18. Uses software packages to retrieve data and compile other documents using automation technologies.
19. Uses Microsoft Excel software program.
20. Analyzes relevant data, prepare reports, and presents the data using appropriate media including through the use of office automation software, i.e., tables, graphs, charts.
21. Ability to communicate effectively.
22. Respond to routine inquiries from internal and external partners regarding documentation of disasters.
23. Prepares and relays information via memoranda, letters, reports, and other written material to diverse groups of individuals internal and external to an organization.