ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your
eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO
THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please choose A (Yes) or B
(No) for each of the following items to identify which descriptions apply to you.
1. I am a US Citizen.
2. I posess the following:
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
(4) For residents, graduation from an approved medical school as described above is required except as provided in M-8, part II, chapter 1.
3. I hold (or will have by no later than 07/31/2013) a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure. The facility Director may waive this licensure requirement if the physician is to serve in a country other than the United States and the physician has licensure in that country.
I have (or will have by July 31, 2013) completed a fellowship in sleep medicine and be board certified or board eligible for ABIM/ABPN certification in sleep medicine.
5. I have been (or will be by July 31, 2013) granted ABIM/ABPN certifcation in sleep medicine after an appropriate period of clinical practice.
6. I have (will will have by July 31, 2013) formal certification from the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
7. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [Positions appointed to direct
patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as
required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).]
Top of Form