Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience that meets the minimum qualification requirements for a Management Officer, GS-340-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Formulate program objectives for domestic public health research, public health studies, surveillance and epidemiology, and promotion of public health practices.
3. Formulate program objectives for international public health research, public health studies, surveillance and epidemiology, and promotion of public health practices.
4. Manage public health projects with marginalized populations.
5. Perform supervisory function(s) that include: assigning work, managing employee performance and conduct; assessing training needs; recruiting/interviewing/selecting; coaching/mentoring/modeling.
6. Develop and influence organization-wide technical or operational policies and procedures within a public health setting.
7. Implement organization-wide technical or operational policies and procedures within a public health setting
8. Analyze and evaluate organizational and operational problems within a public health setting.
9. Provide advice, analysis and assistance in the development, formulation, and execution of the budget for a public health program.
10. Responsible for contractual arrangements, statements of work (SOW), cost estimates, technical evaluation factors, requests for proposals (RFP), and project implementation within a public health setting.
11. Serve as project officer for grants and cooperative agreements; issue requests for proposals, oversee project implementation and organize and review proposals in a public health setting.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with health officials, community representatives and commercial partners at national, state or local levels.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with health officials, community representatives and commercial partners in an international context.
14. Use interpersonal communication skills in advancing public health activities within a multi-disciplinary team.
15. Adapt communication style to accommodate coworkers or colleagues from another culture.
16. Develop briefing papers and summaries of program or managerial documentation for senior staff or other decision-making bodies.
17. Draft testimonies and legislative proposals.
18. Prepare policies, responses to inquiries, reports, and other comparable documents.
19. Develop presentations on technical or managerial findings and issues to senior staff, professional conferences, or other decision-making bodies.
20. Explain and justify recommendations, and negotiate solutions to disputed recommendations.
21. Deliver presentations on technical or managerial findings and issues to senior staff, professional conferences, or other decision-making bodies.
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.