Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the qualification requirements of Public Health Analyst (Policy), GS-685-12/13A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, conducting legislative analysis, policy research, and program evaluations relating to public health policy, planning, and evaluation activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop public health policy briefs and position papers in order to help leadership plan new initiatives, special activities, and programs
3. Coordinate policy evaluation and communication activities to assure program accomplishment.
4. Formulate and evaluate long and short term goals and activities to reduce the impact of infectious diseases.
5. Advise leadership on goals (long and short term) for public health program policies focusing on infectious diseases.
6. Analyze documents, rules, findings, and proposed regulations for impact on division operations.
7. Respond to Congressional/Executive Branch inquiries and correspondence requesting information such as strategies, programs, responses to specific health incidents, etc.
8. Develop informative/explanatory materials for special groups such as Congressional staff, legislative committees and subcommittees, state policy makers, departmental and executive branch officials and other interested groups.
9. Coordinate policy requests and responses from agency branch or division units.
10. Operate in a team environment to accomplish agency objectives.
11. Represent the organization in policy and planning discussions within the organization and with external partner.
12. Prepare briefing materials on public health program activities for senior leadership.
13. Develop reports or presentations related to organizational goals, objectives, and programs to meet established objectives.
14. Prepare policy responses to agency senior leadership, and stakeholders.
15. Develop talking points and/or testimony for subject matter experts who meet with congressional and state legislative audiences to discuss and address public health issues.
16. Prepare documents such as guidance, protocols, procedures, and policies to communicate technical information regarding public health programs.
17. Respond to policy requests from agency programs.
18. Identify public health policy needs (e.g. legislation) to promote the achievement of public health goals.
19. Present public health policy and programmatic information to a variety of audiences, to include agency leadership and external partners to garner support for agency policy and programs.
20. Foster relationships with partners such as the governmental and private organizations, other Federal agencies and national and international organizations to achieve objectives.
21. Make recommendations to senior management to improve public health programs affecting the health of special populations such as migrants, national and international travelers.
22. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.