Read the definitions below to determine what options (001, 002, and/or 003) you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
002 Merit Promotion. This option includes current or former Federal service employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles, and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 Noncompetitive. This option includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) (for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level), Military Spouse Non-Competitive Hiring Authority, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position at the full performance grade level for this position.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED..
1. From the responses below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this position at the GS-12 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, performing analysis of resources, providing budget formulation and/or execution services, reviewing and analyzing budget submissions; and conducting reviews and analysis of organization/agency-wide budget allocations.
Knowledge of theories, principles, and policies of the budget process.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Prepares budget submissions and spending plans for proper execution of the budget.
3. Prepares, reviews and revises budget justification material, apportionment schedules and status funds reports for management.
4. Monitor and track obligations and expenditures for organizational functions to forecast end of year funding availability.
5. Provide budget execution analysis to senior management.
6. Review and coordinate accounting documents that reflect relatively stable budget execution activities, such as obligations, payments, corrections, adjustments, receivables, apportionments, and allotments.
7. Advise program managers of discrepancies, shortfalls, or anticipated problems and make recommendations for corrective actions.
8. Monitor, track, and report on budget program obligations.
9. Monitor, track and report on contract tasks to ensure milestones and deliverables are on target and within scope and cost.
10. Track, review, process and reconcile contract invoices for payment.
11. Conduct and manage annual year-end-closing activities
Skill identifying and analyzing issues and providing recommendations to solve them.
12. Prepares routine reports using basic analytical techniques to analyze recurring records/data gathered from a limited number of sources.
13. Analyzes budget and accounting reports to determine spending patterns.
14. Gathers data from a variety of resources preparing routine reports and using analytical techniques to identify solutions to budget shortfall problems reviewed my management.
15. Prepares analyses and reviews of complex budget materials that enable top management to make informed decisions on budget levels based on options presented.
16. Analyze financial and program data to identify trends, problems and decision points.
17. Analyze and/or revise metrics to ensure that plans are tracked and actions are taken to complete established goals and objectives.
18. Analyze expenditures versus commitments to identify and assist in the resolution of problems inherent in the management of resources.
19. Analyze budget information in order to convey information and develop specialized reports and analysis.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
20. Prepare routine position papers, reports, presentations, and summaries related to financial matters, program requirements, issues or data.
21. Creates and/or edit detailed financial/budget spreadsheets to be used in presentations by management.
22. Edits budget justification materials.
23. Prepares guidance material for program offices.
24. Provide advice and guidance to staff elements on budget formulation and execution.
25. Recommend adjustments to budget accounts in response to changes in programs, staffing levels, and/or funds.
26. Make recommendations to program managers for the reprogramming of funds between accounts to meet revised requirements or support the accomplishment of planned operations.
27. Articulate budgetary processes and/or provide financial background information on the formulation, execution and closeout procedures for organizational budget and/or financial transactions.