CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (LIAISON OFFICER)
Vacancy ID: 834712 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-834712-MP-JBS USAJOBS Control Number: 338469900Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (LIAISON OFFICER)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Criminal Investigator (ICE Liaison)
512480059 Tysons Corner, VA
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee with competitive status currently in the 1811 Criminal Investigator job series employed within the local commuting area.
B. I am NOT a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee with competitive status currently in the 1811 Criminal Investigator job series employed within the local commuting area.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-14 (or higher grade level), with the Federal government.
B. I have at least one year of experience serving as a senior agent responsible for directing national/international investigations; providing administrative/technical supervision over a staff of journeyman level criminal investigators; planning/administering the full spectrum of investigative activities; and representing the agency as a recognized authority in the investigations field involving issues of considerable importance.
C. I do not possess the experience as described above.
If you chose response B in the previous question, provide the name and telephone of a supervisor who can verify your claim. If you chose any other response, indicate not applicable.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-14 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
B. No. I have not completed one year in a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
C. Not Applicable. TIG does not apply to me because I currently occupy (or have previously occupied) a position at or above the GS-15 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully complete a background investigation. Will you comply with this requirement?A. Yes
6. Do you have a current valid State driver's license?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing plans for a program or an organization.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. Under the close guidance of others, I have developed short-range plans for a program (for example, set timelines, established milestones, identified needed resources).
C. I have independently developed both short and long-range plans for a program or organization (for example: set timelines, established milestones, identified needed resources).
D. I have overseen the development of plans that were broad in scope or were complex, involving multiple entities.
8. Select the choice which best describes your ability to establish and maintain effective working relations outside of the organization.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have provided routine information, resolved simple problems, questions, or complaints, and directed non-routine problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person/office.
C. I have maintained relationships with members of the public who have diverse needs, assessed their needs, and provided moderately complex information to them. I have resolved fairly complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints.
D. I have developed and maintained relationships with interest groups with diverse needs, anticipated and assessed their needs, and provided complex information to them. I have resolved complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints.
9. Select the choice which best describes the extent of your knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place, ability to negotiate with internal and external groups, and your ability to apply this knowledge to situations.A. I have a basic understanding of internal and external politics in the work place, and have the ability to negotiate with internal and external groups.
B. I have a thorough understanding of internal and external politics in the work place acquired through on-the-job experience and formal training, and I have routinely applied this knowledge in work situations.
C. I have expert knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place acquired from extensive supervisory/managerial experience, and I have applied this knowledge to enhance the effectiveness of my organization.
10. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing and interpreting policy.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have assisted and provided input to my superiors or subject-matter experts concerning the development of a new policy or the application of a new policy to a specific program.
C. I have drafted and/or studied proposals for the implementation of new policies or provided recommendations for the application of policies to a specific program.
D. I have independently developed and implemented new policies that impacted a specific program or interpreted the program response to far reaching policy directives.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in building support for ideas and initiatives with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.A. I have had limited experience in building support for ideas and initiatives with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization gained by seeking support for ideas or initiatives under close guidance.
B. I have sought support for ideas and initiatives from key internal and external stakeholders with the result that these ideas/initiatives have been included in major recommendations made by others.
C. I have analyzed the pros and cons of key ideas/initiatives and clearly elucidated these options for key internal and external stakeholders with the result that the ideas/initiatives were successfully implemented.
12. Indicate the extent of your experience in supporting and implementing changes in policies, procedures, and proposed legislation.A. I have worked with my peers to implement changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
B. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure to peers and/or subordinates and explained the impact of these changes.
C. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure, explained the impact of these changes to internal and external stakeholders, and ensured that the changes were implemented.
13. Select the choice, which best describes your experience in responding to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.A. I have adapted to minor or temporary changes affecting my own assignments or work schedule by rescheduling work or refocusing my efforts.
B. I have rearranged some priorities and rescheduled a significant amount of work to accommodate changes in resources or goals. I have recommended new methods in situations in which established procedures were unavailable or inapplicable.
C. I have rearranged virtually all work priorities and schedules to accommodate sudden major changes, problems, or setbacks. I have chosen or developed new methods in situations in which established procedures were unavailable or inapplicable.
14. Select the choice, which best describes your ability to communicate with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
B. I have conducted meetings with and provided training for staff members or outside groups.
C. I have presented briefings on program areas to higher level managers or internal/external organizations or agencies.
D. I have represented a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
15. Indicate the extent to which you have been involved in public relations activities.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have participated in job fairs and college recruitment activities that target a specific audience (such as veterans, minorities, and women).
C. I have presented formal briefings/speeches to the media, Members of Congress, and the general public on diverse and controversial or complex issues.
D. I have made presentations representing the agency at trade shows, community organizations, or local groups, and/or coordinated the agency's participation in public relations activities.
16. Select the choice that best describes how you have interacted with others, including all levels of employees and management and external parties (for example, media, Congress, trade community).A. I have interacted successfully with others primarily in my own organization on tasks/projects.
B. I have interacted successfully with others at various levels both within and external to my work organization to resolve work-related problems by providing pertinent information.
C. I have provided interpretation, technical guidance, and direction to the media, congressional staff members, and/or the trade community.
17. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
C. I am a Federal employee but have not received a performance rating.
D. Not applicable. I am not a Federal employee.
18. Have you ever held or do you currently hold a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-15 or higher? Note: NTE Promotions do NOT count. If you are not sure, indicate NO.A. Yes
If you answered “Yes”, provide the title, pay plan, grade and series or pay band and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.