Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED
1. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the response that best describes your qualifications for the Public Affairs Specialist (Community Relations Branch Director) AD-1035-04. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have extensive experience formulating and recommending approaches on major projects, policies, and issues to senior management and developing and executing support program and procedure changes to support emergency management operations, and leadership experience in effective catastrophic/major disaster emergency management planning, both internal and external, at the Federal, State and/or local level.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response below that reflects your understanding of the Special Requirements of National Incident Management Assistance Teams (IMAT).
2. Are you aware that all FEMA employees are subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency, and all Federal employees may be subject to emergency deployment?
3. Are you able to meet this commitment?
4. Do you understand that the length of such deployment may last anywhere from days to months, depending upon the nature of the emergency or disaster?
5. Are you able to meet this commitment?
6. Do you understand that in the event of an emergency deployment, your travel requirements may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require you to relocate to emergency sites, some of which are quite austere?
7. Are you able to meet this commitment?
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Ability to develop and maintain a Community Relations functional plan.
9. Identifying and tracking nationwide public affairs activities and preparing reports representing organization.
10. Planning and executing public information events to communicate organizational initiatives .
11. Providing guidance on information to be released to the public and approaches to develop public understanding and acceptance of organizational policies and programs.
12. Skill in resolving problems or issues identified internally or externally and ability to make effective decisions.
13. Managing multiple complex projects to ensure objectives are met.
14. Providing advice and instruction to internal and external stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
15. Setting long- and short-term goals while establishing priorities.
16. Handle sensitive issues when dealing with the media or general public, such as controversial or high-level impact issues, possibly during crisis or emergency situations.
17. Knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles.
18. Resolved complaints from employees or more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager.
19. Identified developmental and training needs of employees and provided, or arranged for, needed development and training.
20. Serve as senior advisor to regional management on public affairs activities/programs
21. Ability to communicate effectively (Interpersonal Skills, communication (Verbal) - interact effectively with internal and external parties at all levels of operations).
22. Display common sense, diplomacy, initiative and solid professional judgment to increase internal and external awareness of organization's programs, services, special events and projects
23. Make recommendations for senior management's consideration, applying a variety of analytical techniques
24. Gather, analyze and evaluate complex data to develop appropriate communications plans and strategies.
25. Provide consultation to managers on developing public affairs activities and materials for internal and external use
26. Knowledge of basic computer skills in the use of Microsoft applications such as MS word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
27. Used word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation programs to produce a variety of written documents.
28. Used software to create tables, charts, and graphic presentations.
29. Uses Microsoft Excel software program.
30. Analyzes relevant data, prepare reports, and presents the data using appropriate media including through the use of office automation software, i.e., tables, graphs, charts.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form