Please respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best describes your experience and training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information provided in your resume, your application, and information provided by your references.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your level of specialized experience as a Small Business Specialist.A. I have one or more years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 Federal grade level that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include identifying products or services suitable for small business contracting; monitoring contractors to evaluate compliance with plans; providing recommendations on decisions affecting small business participation in procurement programs; and providing written guidance on small business regulations.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Identify products or services suitable for small business contracting.
3. Review professional recommendations on proposed acquisition packages.
4. Recommend contract awards to small businesses to achieve socio-economic program goals and objectives.
5. Screen proposed acquisition actions in accordance with acquisition and small business regulations.
6. Investigate the justification for sole source selection.
7. Conduct surveillance of acquisition programs by monitoring compliance with regulations.
8. Review derogatory report information to investigate the merit of the information which may disqualify a particular vendor.
9. Determine whether contracting firms are capable of accomplishing projected acquisition requirements.
10. Monitor prime contractors to evaluate compliance with small and disadvantaged business subcontracting plans.
11. Recommend potential contracting firms that are capable of accomplishing projected acquisition requirements.
12. Inform or advise procurement personnel of the underutilized resources to consider prior to making decisions on major procurements.
13. Recommend alternative, cost effective approaches to procurement staff in the early stages of requirement package development.
14. Provide final recommendations to procurement officials on decisions affecting small business participation in procurement programs.
15. Make recommendations to senior leaders regarding an organization's representation at industry events.
16. Develop presentations for senior leaders.
17. Prepare materials and promotional items in support of attendance at small business conferences or trade and industry shows.
18. Provide written guidance on headquarter level small business regulations.
19. Consult professionals on the interpretation of headquarters level small business regulations.
20. Deliver presentations for public speaking engagements.
21. Conduct training sessions regarding an organization's acquisition operations and opportunities.
22. Advise prospective small, minority, and women owned businesses of organizational policies procedures, and directives requiring adherence for government business.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
23. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.