Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that most closely represents your experience for the position of Administrative Officer, GS-0341-9/11T12. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE. Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
2. Are you currently an FDA employee?A. YES
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.
3. Coordinating day-to-day administrative support services such as procurement, personnel, training, travel and budget, ensuring correct processes are followed.
4. Compiles and analyzes reports and meets with Office and Division Directors or their contacts to discuss findings and recommend appropriate plans.
5. Responsible for certifying fund availability and reconciling accounts in an organizational area.
6. Reviewing financial obligations and providing budget services for multiple programs.
7. Performing a wide range of studies and projects related to program operations, such as reviewing and evaluating policies and procedures promulgated from the agency.
8. Ensuring that administrative actions are consistent with regulations and requirements.
9. Identifying administrative needs and problems through contacts with program areas and knowledge of daily operations.
10. Providing advice to program and administrative officials regarding development and implementation of effective organizational management policies and procedures.
11. Keeps management informed of all personnel actions verbally and by status reports.
12. Working closely with management and program officials to ensure appropriate guidelines, processing, and procedural requirements are met.
13. Writing or proofreading documents for accuracy and achievement of requirements for a particular type purchase.
14. Monitoring and reviewing card holder purchases for proper use of funds and purchase processes.
15. Compiling, analyzing, and presenting documentation for reports of spending trends and problematic areas, and providing findings to serviced area.
16. Preparing reports and written responses for others regarding various administrative activities.
17. Communicate effective information to provide advice and guidance on a multitude of budgetary and administrative issues.
18. Compiling historical data with current knowledge and reports to develop quarterly budget and spending plans.
19. Reconciling budget reports from automated systems, and comparing data.
20. Ensuring certification and reconciliation of program management funds for a specific organizational unit and ensuring compliance with budgeting rules and regulations; identifying accounting information and proper use of funds.
21. Working with spreadsheets, especially Excel, and pivot tables.