Thank you for your interest in the Health Technician (Paramedic), GS-07 position. Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated to determine your qualifications for this position. Please carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change a response, be certain to erase (unclick) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items that are left blank will not receive credit.
This is a Federal job application system. Providing false information or failing to answer all questions truthfully and completely may be grounds for not hiring, for disbarment from Federal employment, or for dismissal after you begin work. Falsifying a Federal job application, attempting to violate the privacy of others, or attempting to compromise the operation of this system may be punishable by fine or imprisonment.
1. Select the one response (A through D), that best describes your experience, education, and/or combination of experience and education as it pertains to the specialized experience requirement for this GS-11 position. Read all responses before making your selection.
2. This position requires that applicants must possess current certification as an EMT-P (Paramedic) or Intermediate I-99. Certification through NREMT (National Registry of EMT's) is preferred, but current paramedic certification through a state agency will be accepted. I possess such certification and am providing a copy of the certification with my application materials.A. Yes
KSA 1 - ABILITY TO MANAGE AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) CACHE.
Indicate your level of experience, education, or training as it relates to your ability to manage an emergency medical services cache.
For each task listed below, select the statement from A through E that best describes your level of experience, education, and/or training. Select only one letter for each task. If you select multiple responses or leave any question blank, your score will be negatively impacted. Do not over-state or under-state your experience, education and/or training. ATTENTION: For each question below, you must document your skill level in your resume. This means, for example, that if you rate yourself at the expert level (E) for a skill or task, you must document when you have supervised or trained others doing that skill or task. If you rate yourself at the independent level (D), you must show that you did the task as a regular and recurring part of a job. We will verify that you have documented your skills in your resume and your score will be lowered for skills that are not documented. If you are using the Form C, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability section. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Documentation and use of controlled substances.
4. Catalog of inventory and distribution of medical equipment.
5. Implementation of ordering supplies.
KSA 2 - KNOWLEDGE OF EMS TRAINING AND CLASSROOM DELIVERY.
Indicate your level of experience, education, or training as it relates to your ability to prepare and conduct EMS training.
6. Properly document and record keeping for dispatch and patient charting.
7. Instruct EMS classes (Basic EMT classes, First aid/CPR).
8. Facilitate and perform as a lead instructor.
KSA 3 - KNOWLEDGE OF RESCUE/AMBULANCE OPERATIONS IN EMERGENCY INCIDENTS.
Indicate your level of experience, education, or training as it relates to your knowledge of rescue/ambulance operations in emergency incidents.
9. Patient care
10. Ensure patient care documentation is accurate and appropriate.
11. Provide emergency driving procedures (CODE 3 driving) and ensure compliance.
KSA 4 - KNOWLEDGE OF INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM (ICS), INCIDENT MANAGEMENT TEAMS AND OPERATIONS.
Indicate your level of experience, education, or training as it relates to your knowledge of ICS, incident management teams and operations.
12. Work as a team member on a Multi-Agency incident
13. Perform work as a team member requiring knowledge of specialized resources in emergency management (Medical helicopters, heavy rescue, HAZMAT, Law Enforcement, Search and Rescue).
14. Perform duties on a Mass Casualty Incident.
15. Use proper communication and medical telemetry.
16. Use proper radio etiquette.
17. Follow medical telemetry protocol.