Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Interdisciplinary Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Interdisciplinary Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-15.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Interdisciplinary Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15 or Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in leading, planning, managing, directing, evaluating, and/or implementing national injury and violence prevention programs, public health practices, surveillance and research activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Advise senior management and other stakeholders on matters related to policy, research and programmatic direction.
5. Research program objectives and strategies to identify short and long-term goals and enhance organizational performance.
6. Participate in the policy development of program objectives and strategies to accomplish short and long-term goals.
7. Plan, develop, and lead national public health initiatives designed to advance prevention research and its application to practice.
8. Plan, organize, and oversee program activities to effectively utilize staff and meet organizational needs.
9. Review work and management techniques of subordinate supervisors to ensure staff are held accountable for their actions.
10. Amend, accept, or reject work of subordinate supervisors to assure it promotes effective operation of the organization as a whole.
11. Establish operating policies to optimize efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
12. Establish measurement and analysis systems to comply with regulatory procedures.
13. Establish review systems to make certain government needs are met and validated.
14. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences in support of the organization and its research and programmatic activities.
15. Represent the organization on committees and at other professional meetings to make commitments, suggestions, and recommendations of program activities.
16. Present high level assessments or integration reports to scientific and administrative managers within the organization.
17. Prepare reports for management on the status and effectiveness of programmatic activities to ensure dissemination of information.
18. Evaluate reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriately researched and detailed responses to achieve organizational goals.
19. Prepare manuscripts, reports, position or other papers for publication to ensure maximum use of research.
20. Employ a wide range of resources, systems and in-service programs to provide employee competency training.
21. Provide leadership, supervision and managerial direction to staff engaged in a variety of activities related to the planning, development, execution, and coordination of professional training development programs.
22. Provide advice and/or counsel employees in work and administrative matters to correct performance or conduct problems.
23. Recruit and select competent employees to further the objectives of the organization.
24. Support leadership, career development, and mentoring programs designed to equip staff with the prerequisite skills needed to serve in executive, leadership, or management positions.
25. Schedule work assignments, set priorities, and coordinate the work of the staff to ensure effective use of resources.
26. Monitor the implementation of individual development plans to ensure career goals and desired employee development.
27. Hear and resolve grievances and employee complaints matters to correct performance or conduct problems.
28. Develop performance standards of subordinate managers to outline expectations.
29. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.