Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 00.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualifications Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, AD-0696A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that includes a major field of study in that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming. Or a combination of education and experience -- courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, 0696.
3. I have an advanced degree such as a Ph. D. or other earned doctorate in a field related to the position to be filled.A. I have an advanced degree in a discipline as described above.
For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Senior level experience as a leader in a complex organization managing, planning, directing, and evaluating multidisciplinary activities of significant scope and effect.
5. Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships among people and organizations with diverse interests and/or opinions, such as industry, professional public health or consumer organizations, media, other federal, state, or local agencies, foreign governments and Congress.
6. Experience advising senior officials and implementing organizational policy.
From the descriptions below, select the one that best describes your experience.
7. Training, professional development, and outside professional activities that provide evidence of initiative, resourcefulness and potential for effective job performance at a senior level and honors, awards, or other recognition for performance or contributions related to the position.