Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience and/or education which meet the Qualification Requirements for Management Specialist, GS-0301-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service to include experience facilitating and improving program operations, provides administrative support to management and advisory services on matters related to program support work, such as planning , research, analysis, correspondence, communication and or liaison activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in the review of immediate and long-term programmatic plans, proposals and commitments to evaluate and determine resource and facility requirements.
3. Provide technical advice and guidance to supervisor on all phases of program operations for administrative services.
4. Assist in the formulation of basic policy directives that form the framework for the management of office programs.
5. Identify ways to improve administrative services.
6. Evaluate the quality, effectiveness and responsiveness of services provided.
7. Develop alternative approaches to existing practices, procedures, reports or policies.
8. Interpret requests and provide guidance to others concerning office programs and activities.
9. Provide coordination and liaison activities to insure that actions are complete and compatible with prevailing policies.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management officials, stakeholders and staff.
11. Prepare human resource actions including personnel actions, awards and training.
12. Coordinates domestic and international travel.
13. Provide information on general time-keeping policies and procedures.
14. Explain and interpret administrative polices and procedures.
15. Provide input on program planning and management decisions.
16. Provide information to management officials on policies, guidelines and issues.
17. Prepare briefing materials for meetings.
18. Prepare written memorandums and correspondence for signature by higher-level officials.
19. Prepare papers, reports and other documentation on best practices or innovative approaches for delivery of administrative processes.