Thank you for your interest in the IT Project Manager, GS-2210-14 position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the Minimum Education requirements for the Supervisory Information Technology Specialist position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
1. Develop schedules, milestones and reporting procedures for an IT project.
2. Conduct phase, milestone, or final project reviews.
3. Prepare the technical portion of proposals, statements of work, management plans and related documents.
4. Advise managers of project progress and quality of performance.
5. Implement quality assurance processes for an IT project.
6. Evaluate the feasibility of contractor proposals.
7. Develop technical specifications for computer systems.
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience.
8. Have you received certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)?A. YES
9. Define goals for a customer support project.
10. Translate information into customer support specifications for use by IT and subject matter professionals.
11. Monitor customer support project activities and resources to mitigate risk.
12. Perform customer support data collection, review, analysis, and reporting.
13. Use systematic, quantifiable approaches to develop, implement, and document customer support projects.
14. Resolve conflicts associated with the identification and specification of customer support requirements.
15. Review proposed customer support infrastructures and systems to ensure that customer support requirements have been well defined.
16. Provide customer support to maintain user hardware and software.
17. Provide customer support to maintain communications and connectivity.
18. Design and develop a computer and network integrated customer support environment.
19. Provide customer support for operating systems in an integrated WIN, MAC, and UNIX environment.
20. Test, evaluate, and maintain computer and network customer support systems in an integrated customer support environment.
21. Provide technical, operational, and security advice in the areas of research, design, and development of customer support infrastructure.
22. Provide technical, operational, and security advice in the areas of testing, evaluation and maintenance of customer support infrastructure.
23. Evaluate IT customer service applications and services to determine whether upgrades or enhancements are needed to meet customer needs.
24. Conduct feasibility studies designed to identify potential improvements in customer support and communications systems.
25. Perform needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved customer support systems software services.
26. Conduct cost effectiveness studies associated with the design and develop of new customer support and management systems
27. Design and develop new customer support and management systems.
28. Conduct studies of long-term customer support and management system needs.
29. Develop long-range forecasts for customer support and management systems enhancement.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.