Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Research Biologist, GS-0401-13.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Research Biologist, GS-0401-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Evaluate information from diverse studies to identify critical knowledge gaps.
4. Provide scientific biological advice and consultation to other investigators on critical issues.
5. Develop strategies and state-of-the-art techniques to meet short and long term goals.
6. Lead a scientific research program or team to conduct in vitro and in vivo research to identify causative agents, determine dose and time relationship, and elucidate mechanisms for the initiation and progression of occupational allergic disease.
7. Design, develop and conduct scientific research programs to address knowledge gaps critical to support risk assessment and the development of prevention strategies to protect worker health.
8. Participates in multidisciplinary research programs which address critical issues in immunological disease initiated by exposures to workplace chemicals, gases, or particles.
9. Identify and analyze scientific issues and their impact.
10. Apply state-of-the-art biochemical, biological and toxicological techniques to complex issues related to the initiation and progression of occupational allergic diseases.
11. Write proposals and serve a key role in planning, executing, and implementing research projects.
12. Actively lead and train a research group in conducting multi-phase projects.
13. Analyze and interpret study/project results and adapts procedures for improvement.
14. Conduct studies that involve considerable judgment and ingenuity to solve research problems.
15. Collaborate with scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study/survey design process to address critical issues in occupational allergic diseases.
16. Collaborate with and provide expert scientific advice with various internal and external partners.
17. Participate in joint research projects with scientific partners in academic institutions in the US and abroad as well as other US Federal agencies.
18. Explain or justify scientific decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations to senior management.
19. Prepare and deliver scientific presentations at professional conference or seminars.
20. Conduct training sessions for research project staff.
21. Serve as an expert for advice and consultation in reviews and on committees.
22. Author scientific publications of substantial impact.
23. Write reports of scientific research.
24. Provide advice to NIOSH and other governmental agencies and reviews scientific documents from NIOSH scientists.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.